1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

parker maxxfly

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by neptoon, Oct 15, 2013.

1. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    anyone play one of these yet? a couple of folks have mentioned it right after or just before last year's winter namm show when they were introduced...just curious if anyone has any more scoop...

2. maxiegrant

maxiegrant Bassist in Transition

Nov 26, 2007
    Sellersburg, IN
    I saw these things almost 20 years ago and they are not significantly different . . . don't they weigh about 5 lbs?

I thought the company went out of business, honestly. I think the big difference here is they're throwing a bone to the "wood and finish" crowd, whereas 20 years ago I think it was gauche to admit your guitar was actually made of crude wood. I'd like to see a bass, of course. I don't remember if they sound good or not, either. That would be nice to find out.

3. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    well, they had the prototype that was on one of the guitar magazine buyer's guides, then silence, as far as a bass was concerned until about 10 years later...then they came out with a parker fly bass that was nothing at all like the prototype...it was like in that post up there that silvertone just put up...last year, they introduced these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IgV3SLDea0

StreamImage.

4. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    it's like 6.5 pounds, made of ash with a poplar neck, hipshot hardware, emg electronics, ghost piezo bridge saddles...it also has the carbon graphite on the back...it's like $6K...just curious if anyone has played one...there is a 5 string in production

5. pica

pica Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    I too was curious why Parker was not talked about more. Then when I called the company and found out their basses were $4,500 - $5,000 I understood why. Nice basses.