Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Parker's "Anthropology"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by WillBuckingham, Aug 5, 2005.

1. WillBuckingham

WillBuckingham

Mar 30, 2005
    Hey I just picked up The Charlie Parker Omnibook which I want to to work through on my five-string. Anyway, the Anthropology solo they have here cites "Columbia 34831" as the recording. That refers to a 1951 recording entitled "Summit Meeting at Birdland" featuring Parker, Gillespie, Bud Powell, Tommy Potter, and Roy Haynes. Anyway that recording has not been reissued. I'm only really interested in the recording of Anthropology from that set. Does anyone have this recording or know how I can get it? Thanks in advance.

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Hi, I tried to play that solo some time ago, but it wasn't easy, far from it. I found the recording (which was absolute crap btw) on some obscure Charlie Parker cd, which was part of a huge serie (can't remember the name though).

Here is a link to the page that allmusic.com brought up, although I'm confident that I found it on another cd. Hope this helps a bit.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:1b821vfozzha