Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Parliament Mothership Connection Tour on DVD!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by malthumb, May 17, 2002.

1. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I just watched the Parliament/Funkadelic Mothership Connection Tour DVD. If you have the slightest inclination to believe you like funk, GET IT. :eek:

The lighting is sub-par but the music is phenomenal. If you buy concert videos and DVDs to watch the bassist and see what type of gear he's using, forget it. He's heard but not seen on this DVD. Here's my Letterman-esque Top 10 Reasons to Buy This DVD:

10: You've always wondered what George Clinton looked like before the multi-colored hair.

9: You've run out of creative X-rated audience participation chants and lymerics.

8: Your band still hasn't figured out how to make your stage show work with 40 people on stage.

7: You want to know what it is you missed 25 (da-yum) years ago.

6:You're still trying to convince your guitarist that performing live on stage in a diaper is a good thing.

5:You saw the Mothership Connection tour and desperately need a flashback.

4:Your band is still researching wardrobe ideas.

3: You've been dying to see Parliament/Funkadelic, Bootsy's Rubber Band, and Sly & The Family Stone on stage at the same time. (Bootsy doesn't go anywhere near a bass) :(

2: You want the funk, the whole funk, and nuthin' but the funk

and the #1 reason to buy this DVD....

You are no longer fakin' the funk:D

Peace,

James

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I've had the VHS tape for years. The DVD purchase will take place.
    Mal, tell the truth, when he comes up the elevator in the mothership for "Dr. Funkenstein", every hair on your body just stands straight up!

3. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    ...and a couple of the "Brides of Funkenstein" made other parts of my body stand straight up.:D

Peace,

James