Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Parr basses made by Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by soul64basses, Oct 10, 2004.

1. soul64basses

soul64basses

Mar 26, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Has anyone Heard about Parr basses made by Fender?I noticed in one of the latest Bassplayer ads there's a bassist playing a Parr bass with a Fender logo.Has anybody seen this, and does anyone have any info on this subject about Parr basses?Thanks :)

2. soul64basses

soul64basses

Mar 26, 2004
    Portland, OR
    The bassist is Tye Zamora from Alien Ant Farm.Thanks

3. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I believe Tye's first bass was a Parr Custom that he and the builder co-built. His new bass, although very similar in looks to the Parr, from what I understand, is all Fender Custom Shop.

4. just to add to the redundancy,

its true. its actually a fender custom shop based on zamora's old parr, not an actual parr.

:D

5. soul64basses

soul64basses

Mar 26, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Thanks Guys!I would love to see any pics if anyone can find some. :)

6. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Do a TB search, I defintley remeber someone posting a pic of it on some thread.

7. soul64basses

soul64basses

Mar 26, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Thanks Halftooth!I ran a search and found lots of info.

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Tye said that he took his design to Fender, because Parr was trying to charge him too much money.

9. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    IIRC Fender are charging around $7000 for that bass. *** was Parr charging that made Fender look cheap? :eek:

10. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I think Parr wanted to make it a signature model and charge Tye more money. I could be wrong, though. Plus, Tye is a sponsored artist so it probably didn't cost him 7,000. I doubt he payed full price for his Jaco Signature Fretless.