Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Part of an e-mail I sent is in the June 05 Bass Player

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dincrest, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Not that this is any big deal or anything, but it was cool. Part of an e-mail I sent to Bass Player magazine made it into the June 2005 issue. (Oh yeah, look for Neal Chandran. That's me.) I mean, yeah the Letters section ain't glamorous, but hot damn, I can say that my name appears in an issue of Bass Player magazine. That's cool as anything.

http://www.bassplayer.com/story.asp?sectioncode=22&storycode=8951

2. Cool. I'm sure you'll be on the cover by april '06. :D :bassist:

3. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    They printed the only one I ever sent them in the Dec.2004 issue ("Tension Headache"/Rick Watson). I didn't even know they had printed it (Hadn't looked at it yet) until I walked into Sam Ash and the guy at the bass counter yelled out: "Rick Watson, December Bass Player" and everybody started looking at me. He knew my name from my business card, but I just gave him a puzzled look as I had no idea why he did it or what it meant. He then showed it to me. Felt kinda cool.

4. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Some 10 years ago or so, they printed an email of mine complimenting them for the Tony Levin cover story they did back then. My only appearance in Bass Player so far!

5. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    See, you guys got in the easy way: By complimenting them.

I took the "man's road":.....
    ......by telling them one of their writers was full of crap.:smug: ;) ;) :D :D

6. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Thanks all. And I must admit, it was fun autographing copies for my bass playing housemate and my parents. Hopefully other family and friends will buy it for me to autograph on a lark.