1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Part two (questions for bass majors)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by scorpionldr, Apr 13, 2006.

1. as a followback to my previous thread (music majors-no steam left, or something of that nature) after my lesson I thought of a few kind words from a fellow student that basically amounted to his being a trumpet major prior to switching over to bass, and bass was very simple in comparison to him. I have a bit of experience with tidbits of upright and electric fretless playing, but mostly I've just been bound by standard fretted electric.
    I feel pretty comfortable on bass at the moment, and it seems like it'd be a good switch because the majority of playing would involve rhythms of quarters, eigths and sixteenths (at max, unless your jaco), and intonation. Bass majors, I would love to hear what you have to say. Is it difficult? I would be playing classical btw, for the ed major.

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Electric and double bass are two completely different instruments. They share a role, but that's about it....

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA

Not true, they also have strings.

4. ok, understood. Any literature recommended for auditions?