1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

parting is such a sweet sorrow...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by freeslicefattyj, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Perhaps this is the wrong thread for this forum and maybe a topic like this has already been posted but I had a touching experience today. Today was the day I traded my Fender USA Deluxe Jazz for a Gibson Thunderbird straight up. I know in the long run the resale value on the Bird will be better than my jazz, but she was a good friend of mine. It was the first higher end bass I've ever had, and we shared a lot of good times . Even though I feel as though I got a real good deal, and I'm ecstatic to have a Thunderbird, I couldn't help but get a small lump in my throat and feel as though I'd betrayed my good friend. I know that she'll get good use in the studio and more people will be able to enjoy her because of my decision, but I still feel as though a small piece of my soul was left at that studio, even though now the void is filled by a thunderous axe of might and justice. Has anyone ever shared a similar experience?