Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

parting is such a sweet sorrow...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by freeslicefattyj, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Perhaps this is the wrong thread for this forum and maybe a topic like this has already been posted but I had a touching experience today. Today was the day I traded my Fender USA Deluxe Jazz for a Gibson Thunderbird straight up. I know in the long run the resale value on the Bird will be better than my jazz, but she was a good friend of mine. It was the first higher end bass I've ever had, and we shared a lot of good times . Even though I feel as though I got a real good deal, and I'm ecstatic to have a Thunderbird, I couldn't help but get a small lump in my throat and feel as though I'd betrayed my good friend. I know that she'll get good use in the studio and more people will be able to enjoy her because of my decision, but I still feel as though a small piece of my soul was left at that studio, even though now the void is filled by a thunderous axe of might and justice. Has anyone ever shared a similar experience?