Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Parting Out Bass Rig & Basses

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mbluto, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Downsizing my rig to a combo set-up (my back is killing me) and thinning out my bass collection. No trades please…have all the equipment I need (at least my very-soon-to-be wife thinks so). First , the rig :

Demeter VTBP-201 Tube Bass Preamp. Very sweet preamp. Check out Bass Player Mag’s review. This preamp does not have the Jensen transformer.

Rane DC24 Dynamic Controller. Definitely the best stereo compressor (also limiter & exciter) I have ever used. This is the Gray face version and has XLR inputs/outputs only (no ¼” input/outputs, but has ¼” send/return jacks).

Carvin DCM1000 Power Amp. This solid state amp has not let me down EVER!!!!! Has about 250 gigged hours on it.

Will part out or sell as an entire entity (will include 6 space Genz-Benz Rack for free if you purchase the entire rig). All components come with power-plugs and owners manuals (although they are three hole punched…all stored in a single binder)..All reasonable offers strongly considered….once again, no trades please.

Now the Basses:

1995 Hamer 2-Tek Cruisebass (5-string). Will probably miss this the most out of all equipment for sale…Serial Number 5318xx, this bass has been my steady all-purpose gigging bass for the past couple of years…2tek Bridge provides “sustain for days” Solid black with white pickguard…body in excellent shape…Seymour Duncan Active Basslines (stacked) jazz pickups, passive electronics…8 out of 10..has some wear-n-tear, but nothing beyond belt scratches and dings in lacquer (not to the paint!!!)…Must keep Pedulla’s, but really dreading selling this one…my loss is your gain… OHSC included.

1992 Guild Pilot SB-605 (5-string). Excellent bass!!! I use this one when my back is bothering me, because of its low weight, but excellent tone…Serial Number BK1006xx…Active EMG jazz pickups, electronics were upgraded to include an EMG-BTS system (not single control) preamp, with separate active bass/treble conrols (setup like the SB-905). Transparent Charcoal in color with a very nice flame!…9 out of 10..very minimal wear-n-tear…has left the house about 10 times and used on gigs about 3 or 4 times. OHSC included

I have a digital camera at the ready…will respond to all picture requests within 24 hours (except on Sunday….Football rules over all!) All reasonable offers strongly considered…Will work out package deal (at a nice discount) for both basses.

I will accept PAYPAL (w/o any extra charge for credit card purchases like some cheap SOB’s will charge), USPS money orders, BIDPAY, or cash (in-person transaction). Buyer to pay all shipping charges…however you want the equipment sent, I’ll do it, but you have to pay for it!. Legitimate Escrow services are fine, but buyer to payer to pay for all escrow costs. Dealers offers welcome, but no low-ballers!! Please contact me if you have any questions, want any pix or want to make an offer…To contact me, please use either my work e-mail address (mbluight.mac@verizon.net) or my home e-mail (GeoBluto@aol.com). Will work out local (Long Island, NYC, etc) delivery instead of shipment. Thanks again!
    :bawl:

2. Yea, marriage made my back hurt too, LOL.

Anyhow, prices would be nice.

3. hurts your back...your wallet...your psyche..lol...not even married yet!
    :bawl:

Anyway, As the description states, make me an offer..I know that some people like to "string out" an offer, but that aint cool to people actually interested in the gear..Some prices I have in mind are somewhere in the low $300 range for the preamp..proabaly around $100 to $125 for the Rane unit..somewhere around $175 to $200 for the power amp...in the mid $400 range for the hamer 2tek and somewhere around $225 to $250 for the Pilot... Hope this helps...have camera at the ready if you want pix. Thanks again!

4. Watt is the power rating on the Power amp? watts/channels/ohms(impedence)

5. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    PMed you on the Pilot

6. PM'ed back plus sent copy to listed e-mail address

7. How much do you think it would cost to ship the power amp to zip code 48164?

8. I just did an estimated calculation from UPS.com...with an estimated weight of the power amp (@30 lbs.) plus box & bubble wrap with the dimensions of the box from 11735 to a residential address in 48164...the 4 day ground shipping rates with insurance for $200 is about $15...total with costs for packing material would be an even $20...

descriptive enough?...(lol)

Best Regards,
    Mike

9. The 5 string pilot was just sold

10. Here is a picture of the entire rig for sale

11. here is a close-up pix of the 2tek for sale

12. Oops..her is the real close-up shot of the bass

13. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    Pm Sent about the power AMP

14. Hi all,

The power amp and the pilot have been sold, but the remaining gear is still available and is priced for immediate sale...

Demeter VTBP-201 (1 1/2 space) tube preamp..this model does not have the Jensen DI, but a very sweet preamp none the less... $275 (firm)

Rane DC24 Dynamic Controller...$100 (OBO)

1995 Hamer 2TEK (5 string) Cruisebass...Solid Black with white (not mother of toliet bowl) pickguard...pix are on earlier threads...look at my first thread entry about how I feel about this bass....$425 (OBO)

These items will go on ebay on Thursday if not sold here...Have many pix...e-mail for (SERIOUS!!!!) requests...

15. Hi all,

The power amp and the pilot have been sold, but the remaining gear is still available and is priced for immediate sale...

Demeter VTBP-201 (1 1/2 space) tube preamp..this model does not have the Jensen DI, but a very sweet preamp none the less... $275 (firm)

Rane DC24 Dynamic Controller...$100 (OBO)

1995 Hamer 2TEK (5 string) Cruisebass...Solid Black with white (not mother of toliet bowl) pickguard...pix are on earlier threads...look at my first thread entry about how I feel about this bass....$425 (Firm)

These items will go on ebay on Thursday if not sold here...Have many pix...e-mail for (SERIOUS!!!!) requests...

16. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Hey Mike what's up?

17. Do you still have the Demeter? What type of outputs does it have?