Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by bgreen, Aug 24, 2001.

1. bgreen

Aug 24, 2001
    London UK
    Hi, folks. I've been playing bass for around 8-9 mths now. I'm looking for a guitarist and/or drummer in the London/Surrounding area, who is at a similar level to me. I can't imagine many guitarists check out this website, but if anybody knows of someone, then I'd be glad to hear of them
    Thanks, all......
  2. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I say, look for musicians at a higher level than you! This will help you develop and grow. Seriously.
  3. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    I concur with Jazzbo try posting in ad in your local music shop. Look here but the trouble with joining bands made up from strangers is that they might be good musicians but the @$$hole to nice bloke ratio is out of balance. Try going to local bands and afterwards buy them a drink and see if they have any mates who are starting a band. Get friendly with the bassplayer cos if he gets ill you may get to dep/sub. Its all about people skills, I have none so I just pestered people. I started a band with a bloke in the music shop I visited. A neighbour walked down the street with a Telecaster so I got to know him. Anyone you work with play? Church? Fishing Club? Trainspotters monthly meeting? OK scrub the last one.

4. purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    I answered a "bassist wanted" ad in my music store a couple of days ago and last night went to a bar to meet the guitarist and singer. And I was worried that they would be less than friendly people, or way out of my league musician-wise but fortunately neither was the case. Both of them were very friendly, and while they'd had a bit more experience (one was 20, the other 25, I'm 17) the drummer had been playing for as long as me.

Went a long way to restoring my faith in people.

As for the original question, click here for a guitar site similar to this one. Find your way to the message boards and post there. Good luck. :)