SOLD Parts “Fender” PJ Swamp Ash MIM Jazz Neck FINAL DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by hopwheels, Jan 6, 2019.

1. hopwheels

hopwheels Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Atlanta, GA
    Price:
    $600.00
    Strings:
    Parts “Fender” PJ build up for sale. This is s B. Hefner swamp ash body, MIM Fender Jazz Bass replacement neck, MIM Fender tuners, EMG Geezer Butler PJ pickups (passive set up VVT), Hipshot Type A bridge, and Fender vintage tortoise pickguard. This bass sounds and plays really great and weighs in at 8.6 lbs on bathroom scale.

Some notes about the finish on the body. Applied grain filler, multiple coats of tru oil with sanding between plus two final coats of laquer that were sanded, buffed, polished out. You can still see some grain detail in finish and the polishing burned through in a couple very small spots. Not noticeable. I really should have applied a few more coats of laquer. So this is not a pro finish but very serviceable and looks good. Body has great grain pattern. There are two very minor indentiond in the body one down by the controls on the face and the other on the bottom edge by the strap button. Neither are noticeable.

Electronics are solid (Geezers come with push on wiring) as is the build itself.

Currently sporting DR SS Low Riders if memory serves. Set up is relatively low.

Will ship in an inexpensive gig bag packed well. Please ask any questions or request more pics if needed. Happy to oblige. Built this as a backup but I recently acquired different bass for that purpose. This is just hanging on the wall and needs to be played! $600 shipped east of Mississippi. May be slightly more west because shipping has gone up so radically. Thanks for looking!

Update: I’ll swap out the tort guard for a fender black b/w/b pickguard if a buyer prefers it. The black guard I have had typical swirling and scuffs but like good on this body. Your call if you buy it.

Trade interests: Ibanez SRH500F
    fretless, other unlined fretless 4-strings, Mesa WD 800 plus cash from me
    Hipshot A Style 5 string bridge black .750/19mm spacing
    Aguilar AG 5J-70 5 string jazz pickups
    Aguilar OBP-3

6BF9AB92-5496-455D-893B-F68BE4232A87.jpeg 815164FB-C80F-4DF0-A1DE-2EABE9A22079.jpeg AC484F7D-1B61-4073-B7DB-23ED664E4E30.jpeg 6C8D4C65-BED6-4AFE-9D3C-BB3F9765165E.jpeg FADB06D3-55A1-4DF3-8764-B02CB03EAD0A.jpeg 7A7DF8E5-AACB-4272-A5DD-6C67E064D9B8.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  2. Jeff Elkins

Jeff Elkins Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Smashing wood grain! Lovely bass. Really like the Geezer sets I've installed, as well. GLWTS!

waynobass and TN WOODMAN like this.
  3. hopwheels

hopwheels Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks! Yep love the Geezers!

4. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Sweet Bass!

hopwheels likes this.
  5. Very nice body you have got there :thumbsup: