1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

parts guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RonChase, Nov 24, 2010.

1. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    I have a friend who has been turning me on to a trillion different guitar parts and I am also building a FrankenBass right now,on the guitar I am currently building it is a Ibanez RG body late 90's vintage,the male neck and fretboard are Peavey Razer early 80's vintage,I am going from to humbuckers and a single coil to a dimebucker,I am using a switchcraft volume pot and trying to get gold parts to finish,now I am gonna tie all this into bass since it is Talkbass,I was going to use a transparent see through pickguard as I wanted to use some lights behind the clear pickguard but a good friend made me 2 pickguards out of real bronze and he put so much into it that I dont want to not use it(I may try the see through PG on a bass in the future)I guess my question to the TB'ers is what do you think about a solid bronze pickguard on a bass and what color bass would look good with a bronze pickguard?I am open to ideas

2. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    and here is the pickguard it would only allow 2 on the first post so what color works on a bronze pickguarded bass?

3. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    oh male neck should read maple

4. Orange.

5. Marton

Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Quebec
    White, Black or Natural.

Something like Daphne blue could be very cool too.

6. Black would look pretty sweet.

7. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    I like all the colors suggested so far but orange seems right for bronze this bronze pickguard is going on the white Ibanez body and the color started to just age or relic a little bit so even better I will post it when finished and try this color combo on a bass I am leaning towards a P Bass since I been using jazz bass for a while and have not owned a P in a couple years,I always want another P as soon as I get rid of one so I should maybe build a keeper