Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Parts Parts Parts EVERYWHERE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Strings and Accessories' started by BassJunkie730, Jan 31, 2006.

1. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I have a pair of Dimarzio Model J pickups that are unused (thought the plastic box is broken) I changed the black pole pieces out - they now have chrome poles inside - I'll ship the black pole pieces in case you want to change them. I'll post pics soon - they look sweet. A lot more vintage vibe. $65 shipped

I also have a Dimarzio Ultrajazz 4 neck pickup - unused $40 shipped

I also have a now discontinued Fender reissue 1957 P bass body - finished in Tobacco sunburst Nitro. NIB still have the bag. NEVER USED - ever. I'll post pics soon $325 shipped

Finally I have an unused UsaCustom guitars P bass neck still in the factory box. Flatsawn maple with a Pau Ferro fretboard. No face inlays. no nut, 1/2" tuner holes. I'll post pics soon. $180 shipped

~Enjoy.

I'm not really taking trades unless it's an EHX English Muff'n.

2. TheBrad

TheBrad Baby step bassist - 90% n00b

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    Very interested in the Model Js, but I would like pics please.
    Is it just a hexbolt removal for the chrome caps?

3. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    These do not have the chrome caps. I simply replced the black pole pieces with chrome poles pieces. I really need to get pictures of these.

4. /agree

5. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    The Model J's are no longer available because I'm using them in a Jazz Bass

The genuine fender body price has been raised to $350 shipped in the US
    The body is Absolutely MINT, Unused and NOS. They are no longer made. Think about it where can you get ANY alder bass body finished in nitrocellulose lacquer - and tobacco sunburst to boot for $350 shipped - and it's a branded fender (for those who care about the Fender thing)
    Made in 2000 - it'll come to you as if you bought it right off the shelf.

and the tuners are still up for grabs.

~Michael

6. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    If you know, can you mount a Fender jazz neck to this body? I am not sure of the heel dimensions of a 57' body.

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I[​IMG] have a 62 RI J neck stuffed into a 57 RI P body. Works fine as pictured above. When you do any Fender neck/body swapping you may end up with some neck gap, or you may have to shave(sand) the neck down a bit. Sometimes yes, sometimes no... This particular bass is actually a pretty tight fit in the pocket, but the pickguard is way off. My luthier is making ne a custom in Gold metal film over black for it. That will also deal with the extra space around the DP.

Back to your regulary scheduled thread ... The answer is yes, you can put a J neck on a 57 RI body.

8. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    Thanks 4Mal. Is that a Darkstar pickup?

9. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Yep. I love the tobacco burst on this thing. Mine had been 'bathtub' routed under the pickguard before I got it. The guy who did the rout wasn't particularlly skilled. My luthier had to do a lot of work to make this one usable.

$350 for an Alder body in Nitro-Tobacco burst is a decent deal. You can't touch a USACG or Warmoth finished for that. Wish I had the dinero lying about. I'd be building up to a pair.

10. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Thanks for the boost 4Mal.

I can't stess this enough. the body is NOS. pristine. completely unused.

I've been on the fence so many times to build a 1957 P bass.

Infact I have all the components sitting around. BUt I just bought a Geddy Lee that I'm going to do some mixing and matching with.

FYI keep you eyes peeled for a PJ bass with a geddy neck in the classifieds here :bag: :ninja: :ninja:

Still up for grabs

11. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Is that body drilled for a Pickguard ? From the pickup to the control cavity, it is a top rout or internal routing ?

I'm not generally high on Fender burst finishes but their T'burst is beautiful to my eye.

12. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I'll post some pics soon,

But it's top routed with no pickguard holes.

13. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    bump

14. Is the 57 RI Body still available?