Party time 2006

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Went to a kid's 21st birthday party last night. Haven't been to one of those in a long, long time. I was amused by the scenario. The only thing that's stayed the same over time is that people get trashed.

Computers, laptops and desktops all over the place. Everyone showing everyone else their myspace page, and the naked pics they got of other people through myspace. People crowded around the TV playing some sort of shootup game. People talking on their cellphones. People taking pictures of everything that's even remotely amusing on their cellphones. A couple of people actually talking with each other.

What ever happened to crazy sex at parties? Talking? Dancing? Getting stupid with each other? Breaking things? Playing acoustic guitars? Pin the tail on the Jackass? What is the youth of America coming too? Is it like this all over now, or was it just this particuar party?
  2. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Welcome to the New World Order.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    myspace is lame
  4. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    I don't know, I was at a party last night, it was pretty cool.
  5. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Was it the same party? :)

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

What happend to Birthday Cake ?
  7. steve21

steve21 Banned

Certainly not parties I go to, but then again I've been going to sweet 16s (for girls obviously, dudes - such as the one i'm going to today - just go out grab a bite and hang out) there's dancing for a few hours and hanging out and all sorts of stuff.
  8. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Chances are you were at a party populated entirely by geeks. Unlucky.

People still talk, have sex and even dance at parties, you've just gotta hang out with people who don't think taking their laptops to the party will make the night more enjoyable.
  9. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    There is definitely a lack of Box Socials in today's society.
  10. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Boxes are very introverted. They just keep everything inside.
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    No kidding.

I don't like the myspace idiots or the breaking things and getting VD crowd.
  12. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    You need to find the right parties. Even my sister, who is definitely a big partier, throws lame parties at her house. Its mostly just people sitting around her living room getting drunk and doing drugs. Later on, when everyone is asleep, sometimes her friend will have sex (....right next to where I'm sleeping :help: ). My other friends' parties tend to be the trashier, crazier types. People there stand around, get drunk and do a lot of drugs.... and standing leads to dancing and consequently, sex. Maybe you want to try clubbing? Just don't go to hardcore places because they're really clean people (ironic, no?) and might frown on excessive drinking or drugs.
  13. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I remember when one of my co-workers invited me over to his place to watch football on Sunday. He was telling me how he has satellite, wireless network, and folks looking at stat-trackers on their laptops and PCs. He was telling me what a great time it was, and how he prefered that to hangin out at the bar.

Well, I'm still going the the same bar that I've been going to the last 3-4 years every Sunday. No virtual world takes the place of hanging out with friends, talking smack, cussing at the TV, and enjoying a game.

Man, I miss football.
  14. With exception of the occasional LAN party, most parties I go to involve alcohol and doing stupid things.

Somebody has to keep up the tradition, right?