1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Passed G.A.S.....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Drunk Heffalump, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Drunk Heffalump

Drunk Heffalump Tone that I have. Skill? Oh, that? Well....

Feb 28, 2009
    Great White North
    Somehow, somewhere, I've gotten over G.A.S. I walk into a music store and after a short period of time I think 'Eh, nothing here worth mentioning' and I just wander about then leave. This has been going on for about 8 months or so.
    Mind you I think it has something to do with the 'Fender' and "Fender Clone' preponderance we seem to have up here. I'm NOT a Fender guy, now or ever, but that aside there's still little holding even a passing interest these days
    Actually if I'm with other band members it's more fun hanging out in their various areas than in the bass section.
    Weird huh? Anyone else have this happen?
    Now to answer the obvious question. Yes I'm attempting to distill a serum that I can sell to either long suffering victims, or their even longer suffering significant other.
    I'll make a fortune......

:D

2. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Manitowoc WI
    I"m a G&L guy. I have 2 one frettless and one not. Also a michael kelly club custom 5.
    I know what you mean. Nothing in any stores trips my trigger. My G&Ls fill every need!:cool:

3. Drunk Heffalump

Drunk Heffalump Tone that I have. Skill? Oh, that? Well....

Feb 28, 2009
    Great White North
    We should form a club.

G.A.S. Less T/Bassers.

Don't think this'll have many members, but it's nice to know it isn't just Lil' ol me....

4. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    Count me in. Very rarely do I find anything anymore in musical instrument shops that give me GAS.

5. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I have passed GAS, too. I had a brief spell of GAS a few months ago when I bought a cheap drum kit for my daughter and I to bang around on, but it passed quickly.

There are a few guitar-related things I would like to have for my recording studio, but nothing is an urgent desire.

For bass, my GAS was passed a few years ago. I have a rig I love, and a nice selection of basses to choose from. I got over the effects bug many years ago.

6. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA
    Forgive my ignorance - GAS = ?

- Thanx.

7. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    Gear
    Acquisition
    Syndrome

8. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA
    Ahhh... makes sense.

I've been fortunate not to have this... well, for music gear anyway.

Model airplanes on the other hand is a different story altogether! It's like plastic crack!!

* nerd alert * :bag:

9. I haven't had bass GAS in probably 4 years. I love my rig, my bass is fantastic ect. I have some minor guitar GAS (I would like a Fender amp), but nothing pressing.

lowsound

10. About to pass G.A.S.
    The last piece of gear that I will buy for my rig and it will be absolutly complete....is going to be a Darkglass B3K pedal.
    Then, that's it. Done. Unless something gets broken, stolen, blows up or whatever, I do not need a single piece of gear. Strings and cables don't count.
    At 46 I have exactly the rig and basses I want and I'm glad to say that after that B3K pedal, I'm all done. Took 31 years, but it's all done now. Whew! That was a lot of money and I sold a bass that I wish I didn't a few years ago but I did it and cannot look back now.
    So, one more small (approx $260.00) G.A.S. bubble and then I send in the Pepto!

11. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    Wow, this comment is awesome! Thank you very much for your preference and kind words!

Let us know how the B3K works out for you!

Doug.

12. After hearing more than a few demos of those pedals, I have no doubt that it will be awesome. I'm trying to sell a bass cab and a SansAmp Bass DI to help afford it. Only problem I have is that there are no dealers in my area and I want to pay in cash. I cannot use my credit cards. BUT, I am going to get that thing one way or another. MASSIVE G.A.S. for that. Almost painful.:eek:
    As soon as I get it I will post my review. Hopefully sometime before this year is out.

13. BassDoc51

BassDoc51

Dec 20, 2011
    Fairborn, OH
    I'm having horrible GAS for a Gibson Hummingbird. It's odd that I haven't had Bass GAS in quite some time.