passerelle bridge

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by mrperkolator, Aug 19, 2021.

1. mrperkolator

mrperkolator

Jan 4, 2020
    Anyone tried this yet? Passerelle bridge by kaki king. IMG_0194_grande.jpg

Link.....

Bob_Ross likes this.
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Ya, no thx.

3. mrperkolator

mrperkolator

Jan 4, 2020
    ... I didn't say it was wonderful. I'm just curious.

here's a video of it used on an acoustic guitar

JRA and JimmyM like this.
  4. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Looks cool, I would definitely make use of that!

:::sees price:::

Hmm...otoh, I'm pretty sure I have some household objects just lying around here that can approximate that for far less money. But it's a neat idea.

mrperkolator likes this.
  5. mrperkolator

mrperkolator

Jan 4, 2020
    That was my thought.... Hoping for a video. But yes it seems it would be easy to mock up something to approximate that. There's nothing on the net for it so far. just the acoustic guitar version. I'm wondering if the break angle is too high, forcing unusable angles at the nut/saddles.

6. I have a guitar one. It's cool. I use it with an old Stella I also use for lap steel.

I talked with her a bit about it last time I saw her, and she signed the tube for me.

JimmyM likes this.
  7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Now I could see that. But on an electric bass? I'd think you could only get one side to amplify.

Anyway, I'm bewildered by how she can even tune a guitar to play the stuff she plays with that bridge. I imagine there's all sorts of maths going on with that thing to make it work :D How do you tune using it?

mrperkolator likes this.
  8. She uses it on an acoustic guitar, and the "nut side" strings definitely ring out more quietly than the bridge side strings. Here's a video she did that talks about tuning.

Bob_Ross and JimmyM like this.
  9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Cool vid...tuning is not an exact science on those things apparently.

10. mrperkolator

mrperkolator

Jan 4, 2020
    Yeah I was thinking a out how it may not work as well on an electric due to amplification just this morning before my coffee.

Maybe we should try it on a UBass lol....

naa... those rubber strings wont work well for a few reasons. maybe a Acoustic or metal stringed ubass.

JimmyM likes this.
  11. Think of it this way. She stuck a bar on the fretboard and tuned it until it sounded good. Then she wrote a buncha songs. Just use your ear. It'll be fine.

JimmyM likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022