1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

passive 5 for under a grand?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dokazaado, Nov 20, 2010.

1. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    +1 on the G&L L-2500. Passive tone is fantastic! I rarely ever flip on my preamp.

2. He didn't say he didn't like it. He's just looking to see what else is available.

3. if I were in the market for another 5 I'd have to consider a wick rock bass. Played a passive one a while back that just killed and it was 8 or 9 hundre-ish - of course there's the P5 (a little over a grand) I'm way too in love w/ my P's to not consider that ...

I do love my J V though - I have 1/4 lb's in it and it's perfect!

4. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I play a Washburn Taurus T-25 as my main bass and have been completely happy with it - retails new around 500-600 now. Rondo sells some cheap passive fivers, from an SX around 160 to the Brices in the 300-400 range. There's also the Yamaha BB 415, sells new at 450.

5. +1

Better choice than Rockbass till Warwick gets their naming/branding convention sorted out....