1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Passive Duncan jazz pups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by manchild, Oct 21, 2010.

1. manchild

manchild

Jan 30, 2008
    Just wondered if anyone might know...

Does the Quarter Pounder SDJB-3 have a higher output than the Hot for bass single coil SDJB-2? Or are they about the same?

They are both advertised as 'hot output' on the site.

Thanks...

2. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I think the concept here is that they both has more output than a typical stock p'up - -

I know that SD quarter pounders tha tI've used have *way* more output than stock Fender p'ups... and better tone!

3. manchild

manchild

Jan 30, 2008
    Thanks Big, im looking to replace the stocks and run them in series, but want to look into mixing different types if pups together for different and good sounding tones...

4. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I use the SJB-II's in my MIM jazz. They are significantly hotter but still sounds like a stock Jazz bass. The 1/4 pounders are even hotter but they sound like they have a more pronounced mid range bump. I prefered the SJB II's so I stayed with with them.

5. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    for series you're gonna want lower output pickups, as the coils get essentially "added together". a pair or 12-13k hot or QP coils will give you a 25k mudbucker in series!