1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Passive pickups...passive bass, right?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Myrriad, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Myrriad

Myrriad Banned

Oct 11, 2012
  2. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Jun 28, 2010
    Detroit
    The preamp is active, I believe.

3. Myrriad

Myrriad Banned

Oct 11, 2012
    Makes enough sense to me.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yep. Check out the specs on the right. It's an active EMG preamp.

Quote........
    "Master Vol/Master Blend/EMG Active B64 3-band EQ "

Pickups are passive. Preamp is active.

5. Myrriad

Myrriad Banned

Oct 11, 2012
    D'oh! Missed that, thanks. Anyone know which EMG/other pickups would fit into the slots already drilled into the bass? I'd like to not drill more, but I'd also like to be open to modding down the line, maybe a nice white colored MM pickup and a white Fender American J...*drool*

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Those pickups are pretty standard size (one J and one soap bar). If I were you, I would try the stock pickups. If you like them, you can always get white covers and leave the stock pickups in.

7. Myrriad

Myrriad Banned

Oct 11, 2012
    Spaced out covers too, thanks again. I'm a fairly new player, just sold my Ibanez SGR200 (don't get me wrong, not a bad bass, but it's upgrading time) and this baby will be in in a week.