1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Passive to active on a schecter!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by keiyonheven, Mar 27, 2009.

1. keiyonheven

keiyonheven

Jul 31, 2008
    I have a schecter diamond series 6 string bass with emg 45hz passive pickups... my bass has active wiring. anyone knows good active pickups i can replace my 45hz's with?

thanks

2. the engine

the engine Guest

Let me be the first to ask, what tone are you going for? What kind of music do you play? Once you give up some more info, the answers should soon follow.

3. keiyonheven

keiyonheven

Jul 31, 2008
    im looking for a clean tone, my band and i have started gigging in bigger places i have a very good markbass amp, but when i have to play loud, i get a 'mushy' tone. so i would like the ability to go loud and still remain clean sort of speak

4. prokfrog

prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    your issue may be the result of pushing your amp too hard. Those EMG 45's are as clean as you can get. some would say too clean.

5. gforce9

gforce9

Dec 19, 2007
    I had the EMG HZ's in a Spector, and I didn't care for them in a loud mix, though I liked them in the living room by myself. I went with the active EMG TW's w/o a preamp and I think they sit fabulous in the mix now. Tone is certainly in the eye (ear) of the beholder, but I thought it was a great improvement FWIW.