1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Passive (?) Vintage Block Binding Jazz 4 strings ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pmaraziti, Sep 18, 2008.

1. pmaraziti

pmaraziti Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    Hi Guys,

Looking soemthing along that line to likely replace my Fender Jazz active V. It should be ash/maple (nad maybe with a Marcus Miller natural look and block binding)

Not sure if I'd go fully passive or active with an active/passive switch. I'm looking for something nice but not boutique. My choices/ideas so far:

• Lakland Skyline DJ 4 (maybe with Chi-Sonic upgrade?)
    • Fender American Vintage '75

No idea about active choices (well you can always drop an after market pre-amp in those...)

Would you have any otehr suggestion or feedback about the mentioned basses if you played them?

Tx a lot!

Paolo

2. pmaraziti

pmaraziti Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    Sorry. let me add it should move in the "vintage sound" ballpark...

3. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Fender Japan still makes several versions of the 70's reissue Jazz, I believe. Not sure what the availability of Fender Japan instruments are like in Spain, but they're worth looking into if you want something a little less expensive than the MIA reissue.

The Skyline DJ is also a great bass!

Mike

4. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    +1 on the DJ!
    I would consider Aero PUs.