1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Password Managers and Login Change

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Black Bart, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Black Bart

Black Bart

Sep 11, 2010
    I use 1Password to store all my site passwords and noticed today that my auto-login was not inputing my username into the Name/Email field.

A quick check of the code revealed that the input that used to be named username is now named login.

It might be a good idea to put this information in the Announcements so that other users who make use of applications like 1Password, LastPass, Keychain, etc. will know to update their login information in those applications.

Pentatonic likes this.
  2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Weird. I use 1Password as well, and didn't have anything break on me. Huh.

3. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    My saved login info stopped working with Pale Moon (Firefox) about 2-3 days ago. I haven't updated anything in that time.

4. Black Bart

Black Bart

Sep 11, 2010
    I'm on version 4 just for reference. Had to go to "Show web form details" and modify the input name there for it to work.

5. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    @Black Bart @Thunder Pulse I reverted a change I made several days ago, so you may have to change your password manager settings back to the way they were. Sorry about the inconvenience.

6. Black Bart

Black Bart

Sep 11, 2010
    Thanks for the heads up. Seems to have worked fine this morning as name="login" is the same. The issue arose when it was changed from name="username" to name="login".

7. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    Whatever you changed back to the prior setting has fixed my issue. Thanks.