Pat Travers Band

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Chopper, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Anyone remember the name of Pat Travers Bass player?

I liked alot of their albums.
  2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Mars Cowling!!!

One badass badass band! There was some guy who posted some stuff recently about Mars, who's been pretty incommunicado since PT. Chopper, do a search on "Mars Cowling" and see if you can find the thread...evidently the guy is acquainted with Mr. Cowling.

Gettin' Betta, Betta All The Time....
  3. Classic.

Boom Boom and Snortin Whiskey were the "Hits" but my favorite was a song called "Rock & Roll Susie"

Classic Blues Rock.
    Mars was also listed as aranger on some of the disks.
  4. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Great stuff!
    Puttin it straight and Go for what you know are all I have by him oh and of course Crash&Burn.....

Favorite tune!
    Your love can't be right by me!!!!
  5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Perhaps my favorite "play along" album is "Live: Go For What YOu Know". Incredible bass lines. I still can't nail all of Mars' riffs but it's a blast trying to keep up with him.
  6. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Funny, I was just looking at Pat's website last night.

to be honest, the only reason i got into any of his stuff was because Nicko McBrain of Iron Maiden played on 2 PT LPs in the 70s, Putting It Straight and Makin' Magic. Great albums. His debut self-titled LP is great as well. I never bothered to check out anything after the Nicko stuff.
  7. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Tommy Aldridge took over on drums after that. Pretty killer player, too. The whole band on "Go For What You Know" was smoking.
  8. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    My brother is a big Pat Travers fan, so I listened to all his albums when I was younger. The only PT record I had(and still do) is "Heat in the Street".