1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

patch bay question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SgtKrinkle, Jun 2, 2011.

1. SgtKrinkle

SgtKrinkle

Nov 3, 2010
    So I'm still learning the ways of the pedal board and wiring them up. I've noticed the fx output on my old amp and pretty much ignored it, meaning I ran a cable from my bass through my board straight into the input jack on my amp head. Sounded alright to me. So I now I got a new head a few months ago and I did the same thing. I started hearing my aunts neighbor talking about crossover and other stuff and.I was kinda thinking that's what he was talking about. So my question is, should I be running a cable from my input straight to my bass, then on the fx patch bay, run another two cables through the send/return to the pedal board? Or am I fine just running it all through the input like I did before (bass>board>input jack on amp head)