1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Patchbay+Loooper=Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Magical_Max, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Hello all, hoping to get some input on an idea i've had.

Within the next 6 months or so I hope to have everything that I want effects wise, so I'm guna build or buy a pedalboard for it all so everything stays in one place but leaving enough room for me to expand.
    In this board I want to plug everything into a patchbay and then control the pedals from a loooper. On the loooper I would like to have 3/4 groups distortion, modulation, delay and other (possibly). Meaning if I use a tonne of effects in one song I don't have to jump around on pedals as much as I do at the mo, making it easier for live stuff.
    It will also be useful for when I change my mind about where a pedal is in the chain it's doesn't mean I have to dig around and switch leads and stuff over, all I have to do is unplug a patch lead and move it to its new place.
    Is this possible?? :confused:

Cheers in advance.

2. Budonze

Budonze

Nov 2, 2000
    you can buy rack mount patch bays, but if youre really interested in doing it that way, youre probably better off just having a bigger board than necessary rather than getting a patch bay,

the amount of cables needed to go in that method would cost a fortune. just do the math, you'll need twice the amount of cables compared to if you were just going to daisy chain everything together.

but it is a nice idea and if you can budget the cables, id say, it wouldnt be hard to build a patch bay yourself ( i built a small one for my pedal board if the inputs and outputs) just get a nice enclosure and buy an assload of 1/4 jacks and switches, and get to soldering... if you dont have the skills to do this, then im pretty sure someone like www.loooper.com can accomodate you with a custom piece that has more than 4 loops.

EDIT: just notice that dave boggs (loooper) is currently not taking orders for the next little while.... if you need one ASAP then try http://www.pacificustompedals.com/ ive heard he does excellent work too

3. jablues

jablues

Oct 17, 2005
    Seville, Spain.
    Ok, have a look to this: http://www.vinteck.com/scheda.asp?ID=1 is a really good switching system to keep your pedals on the floor. This is a picture of my pedalboard where you can see the TB10 switching system from Vinteck.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

I hope this help !

J.

4. ^ I quite like that idea, but it is huge. I think i'd consider that if I had MIDI stuff going to, which I currently don't.

I hadn't thought about the cost of all the cables and connecters and stuff. The more I think about the patchbay idea the harded it becomes to get my head around it.
    When Dave Boggs is back working again, I'll get a quote on an 8/10 way loooper. It's not particulaly urgent so I can wait.

Cheers.

5. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    how is that Bass Juice working for you?

6. jablues

jablues

Oct 17, 2005
    Seville, Spain.
    I loooove this pedal! I use it to have Audioslave´s Tim commerford kind of sound, try bridge pickup, turn down the tone of your bass a bit, and choose the mix you want in your bass juice. Oh yes !!! I love that sound!!

J.