1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

patience sucks! (waiting for strings to get in stock)

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by pcake, Oct 12, 2017.

1. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    i'm waiting for a set of la bella nickel round wounds, custom light short scale. i really liked them on my hofner shorty, and i can't wait to try them on my green mikro. well, i CAN wait to try them because i have no choice as jason doesn't have them in stock and la bella hasn't shipped them yet... so i'm still playing the la bella RX Series nickels on the mikro and waiting impatiently...

el_Bajo_Verde and Garret Graves like this.
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    main-qimg-5448df8ca9bd08ef51b4ec7a9244b03b-c.

ppiluk and Garret Graves like this.
  3. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Patience isn't a virtue. It's an acquired skill.

It's also highly overrated.

ppiluk likes this.
  4. Jonithen

Jonithen

Dec 3, 2012
    Seacoast NH
    I know the feeling. I put in for a 5 string thru-body set of flats with the extra winding to hopefully finally get my starry night squared away.

Sympathies from across the internet!

pcake likes this.
  5. Clipped

Clipped

Aug 9, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Picked up some back order strings for a special order bass. Waiting 6 - 8 weeks for both. Sooooo long.

pcake likes this.
  6. Jonithen

Jonithen

Dec 3, 2012
    Seacoast NH
    They arrived! Labella Deep Talkin' flats extra long scale through body on my Stingray Classic 5. Finally got the right number of winds around every post and winding length is perfection.

Attached Files:

7. Lol. .. .might want to check that A string at the nut

Jonithen likes this.
  8. Order some other strings in the meantime. You might find something else you like;)

9. Clipped

Clipped

Aug 9, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Strings came two weeks before the bass. New fretless bass is here and they are now united. Mwah-velous!

10. Jonithen

Jonithen

Dec 3, 2012
    Seacoast NH
    That's gotta be the first mistake I've made in 10 years!

A quick nudge popped it in. Considering it takes a while to even get the tuning to stabilize I'm not worried. I don't even bother with witness points or intonation for a couple days so it wasn't really hurting anything. Funny though ;)

rodl2005 and ZenG like this.
  11. Garret Graves

Garret Graves website- ggravesmusic.com Gold Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Arcadia, Ca
    Please report back on how the B string is. I tried those on a few Basses a few years back and never found the B to be very good- very warbly. Chromes on those same Basses did well. If you like the B, might try them out again.
    Thanks

12. Understand totally. Sorta thing I'd do myself :woot::roflmao::thumbsup:

Jonithen likes this.
  13. Ah...the old proverb..."Everything comes to him what flips a gasket"...

14. biguglyman

biguglyman

Jul 27, 2017
    Rochester, NY
    I feel your pain. Finally received the GHS precision flats I've been waiting on for almost a month. Now if I can just talk the wife into giving me my Christmas present early...(TV Jones Thunderblade)

15. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Unless ya just found something new to try, it's a good idea to have a few packs on the shelf. My buddy buys one pack of ciggs at a time, drives me nuts. :D

16. Jonithen

Jonithen

Dec 3, 2012
    Seacoast NH
    It was phenomenal, got to play at practice today and loved it.

I actually tried the Chromes, and I ran into trouble on my bass where the B string wasn't long enough - similar thing happened when I tried TI's. I'm loving the La Bella's on this thing, although I have to figure out my dials again. Not a bad problem to have.

For the Classic 5 stingray, I went Through Body and Extra Long winding. It was a gamble but in my case it paid off, especially once I centered the A string ;)

Garret Graves likes this.