1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Patitucci Etudes

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by steyr.caephus, Jul 20, 2008.

1. steyr.caephus

steyr.caephus

Jul 18, 2006
    Texas, USA
    I was wondering if anyone has played through the book "60 Melodic Etudes" by Patitucci. It feels realy tough to get through. I've notice that the at my level right now, the only way I make any progress is by going really slow- reeeaally slow. Most licks don't seem to let themselve to smooth movement along the fret board and I wonder if I can really learn anything from this book or if it is just a distraction. Any thoughts are appreciated...

2. "Most licks don't seem to let themselve to smooth movement along the fret board..."

That's the point. The etudes are supposed to help bassists get over the idiomatic weak points of the bass so you aren't limited to what "falls easy" on the bass.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021