Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Patrick Eggle ..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NoFret, Feb 15, 2003.

1. NoFret

NoFret

Feb 15, 2003
    East Sussex , UK
    Hi all! I'm new here,but wondered if any of ya had had any views or experience of the Patrick Eggle Milan 5 Pro ....Picked one up on ebay a few months back, but was a real difficult decision coz when I was trying to find reviews on it etc ..it was like no-one had ever heard of it! Had to buy it anyway coz she's a beauty,and I wouldnt be without it now :D

Nick.

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Can't comment on the basses -sadly! But I've known a couple of guitarists who have owned the Patrick Eggle Berlin guitars! Absolutley lovely guitars - great to play and sounded fantastic!!

If the basses are anything like the guitars, you've got a nice bass there! How about a review????? Some other folks here might benefit (me for one!!)

Hope you're enjoying the bass!:)

3. As you are new we will let you off this time, but the rule is, if you mention you have a bass you must post pictures or a detailed review otherwise the bass does not exist;) :D ;)

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Hmm, sorry I missed the obvious - welcome to TalkBass! Now tell us about your bass;) :D :D

5. NoFret

NoFret

Feb 15, 2003
    East Sussex , UK
    I didnt realise how filthy it was til the camera flashed on it ....you'll have to wait til i get some furniture polish ,its embarrassing LOL :eek:

6. NoFret

NoFret

Feb 15, 2003
    East Sussex , UK
    Here she is eventually ........Simplicity in its finest form :D Those arent dings along the bottom of it,the camera just decided to age her a little .
    This is what I know about it,from what the previous owner told me..
    One of the very few Fretless Pro 5's produced by Patrick Eggle. Swamp Ash body finished in a classic Tobacco Sunburst. 5-pc. (maple-purpleheart) bolt-on neck with dark, unlined rosewood f/board. 2x kent Armstrong pickups with Vol - Tone - Pan

One of the nicest balanced bass I've layed my hands on,and the tone and grunt makes me vibrate :D

7. Bunnybass.com has a Patrick Eggle for sale at the moment. they have many nice pics of it (as always). They also have a link to his web site, He looks like more of a guitar builder, but does very tasty work.

Nice basss you got there. Now stop reading and go play it!:D