1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Patrick Eggle ..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NoFret, Feb 15, 2003.

1. NoFret

NoFret

Feb 15, 2003
    East Sussex , UK
    Hi all! I'm new here,but wondered if any of ya had had any views or experience of the Patrick Eggle Milan 5 Pro ....Picked one up on ebay a few months back, but was a real difficult decision coz when I was trying to find reviews on it etc ..it was like no-one had ever heard of it! Had to buy it anyway coz she's a beauty,and I wouldnt be without it now :D

Nick.

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Can't comment on the basses -sadly! But I've known a couple of guitarists who have owned the Patrick Eggle Berlin guitars! Absolutley lovely guitars - great to play and sounded fantastic!!

If the basses are anything like the guitars, you've got a nice bass there! How about a review????? Some other folks here might benefit (me for one!!)

Hope you're enjoying the bass!:)

3. As you are new we will let you off this time, but the rule is, if you mention you have a bass you must post pictures or a detailed review otherwise the bass does not exist;) :D ;)

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Hmm, sorry I missed the obvious - welcome to TalkBass! Now tell us about your bass;) :D :D

5. NoFret

NoFret

Feb 15, 2003
    East Sussex , UK
    I didnt realise how filthy it was til the camera flashed on it ....you'll have to wait til i get some furniture polish ,its embarrassing LOL :eek:

6. NoFret

NoFret

Feb 15, 2003
    East Sussex , UK
    Here she is eventually ........Simplicity in its finest form :D Those arent dings along the bottom of it,the camera just decided to age her a little .
    This is what I know about it,from what the previous owner told me..
    One of the very few Fretless Pro 5's produced by Patrick Eggle. Swamp Ash body finished in a classic Tobacco Sunburst. 5-pc. (maple-purpleheart) bolt-on neck with dark, unlined rosewood f/board. 2x kent Armstrong pickups with Vol - Tone - Pan

One of the nicest balanced bass I've layed my hands on,and the tone and grunt makes me vibrate :D

7. Bunnybass.com has a Patrick Eggle for sale at the moment. they have many nice pics of it (as always). They also have a link to his web site, He looks like more of a guitar builder, but does very tasty work.

Nice basss you got there. Now stop reading and go play it!:D