1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Patriots trade Randy Moss to Vikings

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by stratovani, Oct 6, 2010.

1. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    I think it hurt the Pats way more than it helps the Vikings.

2. PSPookie

PSPookie Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    I think both teams will get what they deserve from this transaction.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Cool man. It will be fun to watch him in Minnesota again.

-Mike

4. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    I have Moss in my FF team. Wonder how this will affect me.

5. Already said it elsewhere, but it bears repeating:

Good, now Mr. "I don't need to practice" can throw incomplete passes to Mr. "I take off plays whenever I like".

Net change in the future for the Vikes: zero

Net change in the future for the Pats: zero

Advantage: STRONGLY Pats

;)

6. Trade him. Now. Seriously.

...FAR-VUH can't stand up long enough to hit his receivers. Moss will just be another self-centered distraction in MN...

7. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Gard, I can't tell if your dislike of Moss outweighs your dislike of Farvuh

8. I don't really dislike Moss, I just think he's a cancer.

So, to answer your question, no, my dislike of Moss doesn't really come close to outweighing my dislike of FAR-VUH.

:D

9. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    The Pats will miss him. The Vikings will have a resurgence. As much as I don't care for Randy Moss, he makes plays.

10. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Meh, we won just fine without a single catch by Moss last game, sure he's good deep, but, well...meh again.

At least I don't have to listen to his post-game whine fest anymore.

11. Small problem: if FAR-VUH can't stay on his feet long enough to throw the pass (bad offensive line), or can't hit him if he does have the time (he's been "off" from what I've seen - 6 INT/2 TD?), what good does Moss having that "playmaker" ability mean?

Two self-centered jerks, no matter how talented, do not make a good tandem.

As for the Pats missing him, hardly. They may not have the same deep threat they did with him, but their short passing game will not even notice his absence. I'll take one Wes Welker to a dozen Randy Moss', any day.

12. Mr wiggl3s

Mr wiggl3s Inactive

Feb 27, 2009
    Bismarck
    In the long run, it'll hurt the pats.

But why is everyone there so hell-bent on getting him gone? What did he do?

13. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    He doesn't fit the Pats image of being team Tom Brady, and he complained about some things publicly.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    The fact that Moss stretches the field makes guys like Aaron Hernandez and Wes Welker successful.

I'm not all that familiar with the Patriot WR's, so who is the deep threat now?

-Mike

15. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Pats will thrive without him, IMO.

They have some really good young Florida Gators to help on both Offense and Defense, better running backs w/out Maroney and the "Cancer" is gone. Pats play team ball, divas (like Farve & Moss) don't succeed in New England in the long run. Who the hell is surprised that Moss started bitching after game 1 about his contract? Anyone with class doesn't to that, especially at the 1st press conference and after soundly beating Cincinnati.

Tom "Justin Bieber" will miss him a little, but Gizelle will permit him to get a man's haircut, man up and all will be good in Patriot Land.

16. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    randy was actually the vikings' backup plan--the wes welker cloning machine just didn't pan out for them

:)

i really loved watching randall cunningham connecting with moss, might be fun to watch him with favre!

17. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
  18. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Now that Gard has done his obligatory bashing, I'll offer my opinion....

Vikes gain a down-field threat, Pats lose one. Since I'm not a Pats fan, this doesn't bother me. It doesn't matter what QB is throwing to Moss, he's still a big factor in the game. It happens that the Vikes have a QB with a strong arm, so I expect it to be a substantial plus for them - and they can use it!

I don't care whether Moss resumes his normal sulking or not, he's still a deep threat. That's what matters.

19. In today's NFL the "deep threat" is really good for one thing only - clearing out defenders so the possession receiver can run his route without having to worry about too many defenders. A QB throwing a ball 60 yards deep is fraught with risks - the pass has to be pinpoint, there can't be double coverage, the pass blocking has to be outstanding, and the receiver has to get good separation from the defender. Even the QBs that are good deep-ball passers,such as Brady and Manning, fail more often than succeed. Most times, it's an interception just waiting to happen. What offenses have to do is make the deep-threat credible, which now both the Vikes and the Pats have to do.

For the Vikes, Favre has to hook up with Moss on a few deep balls to make the deep-threat credible - and against Revis and the Jetz this Monday night, it's a lot easier said than done! For the Pats, they now have to sell Brandon Tate as the next Randy Moss, and they have less than 2 weeks to do so in practice.

My opinion - Pats came out ahead on this, but not by much. Moss is a world-class receiver, a deep threat in every offensive series, but the locker room will be spared his moaning about his contract. But Brandon Tate has a lot of work to do!

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021