Patti Boyd

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Machaut, Feb 28, 2003.

1. You know, as long as people have been writing songs and creating music there has been a lot of topics to discuss. I mean, everything is on the table when it comes to potential themes.

But I really think that more than 50% of all songs ever written have to do with women, or were inspired by them.

And when it comes to inspiration well.....if Helen was the "face that launched a thousand ships", has there ever been another woman who has inspired more great music than Patti Boyd??????

Any nominations?
  2. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Hmm, I can't think of anyone to top Patti.
  3. I'm sorry, maybe I'm too young and/or ignorant. Would someone mind telling me who she is without giving me a :rolleyes: ?
  4. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Patti Boyd was married to George Harrison. Eric Clapton, who was one of Harrison's closest friends at the time, fell in love with her and ended up marrying her. The song Layla was apparently written/inspired by that situation while she was still with George.
  5. The whole album "Layla And Other Love Stories" was written for her, along with many songs Clapton wrote in the 70's and 80's.

Harrison wrote several great songs for her, the most important being "Something".

Patti was a fashion model...many covers of Vanity Fair. George met her while filming "A Hard Day's Night."
  6. odie

odie Supporting Member

Music related.

Let me show you this nice selection of Music related topics in MISC. Off we go!!
  7. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Well, I'm pretty sure she WASN'T the inspiration for "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald."

But I could be wrong.