Paul Chambers playing "Visitation"

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by .matthew e wengerd., Oct 14, 2006.

1. Does anyone know where I can find this recording besides the Mosaic 3-disc set? My teacher wants me to transcribe it and I can get together the scratch to buy a set like tht. My local library doesn't have it, iTunes doesn't have it, Wal-Mart music store (yikes!) doesn't have it. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    The album is called Chambers' Music, or maybe Paul Chambers' Music.

3. It's Chambers' Music. Any ideas where I can download it legally?

4. My copy of Visitation is on a '70s Blue Note 2-lp reissue entitled Paul Chambers and John Coltrane. If you have a turntable it might be worth checking used record shops. The reissue series it came from--all the 2-record sets have the artist's name in big blue letters at the top of the cover and a photo below--seems fairly common and not usually too exorbitantly priced in used stores.

I recently ran across Chambers' Music reissued on CD under Trane's name. Except they took Visitation off it. This made me a little angry when I saw it. I can understand putting Trane's name on a reissue, since it gives them half a chance of selling a few copies, and the title was something like "The Paul Chambers Sessions," so at least PC got a little credit. But why, WHY did they have to take Visitation off the CD just because Trane isn't on it? We bass players don't get any respect, do we?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021