Paul Grey (slipknot)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by sLiPkNoT_mAgGoT, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    You'll have lots of fun on this website.
  3. He's saying that the whale only eats the yellow oni, the black oni are safe.
  4. he does some nice slap/funk stuff on their early album, can't remember what its called.
  5. Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    ahh... I remember back in my taborama days... you would be critisized for your opinion... thats why i came here. because this place is more civilized and understanding... good tunes is good tunes, so give the kid a break. He likes slipknot, more power to him. I do like paul, but i cant stand slipknot... paul is actually a pretty good player, but he plays what IMO is crap. you might think what i listen to is crap, so im not going to say "slipknot fxxxx sucks donkey bxxxs OMG!!!!!11!!!"
  6. Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    :hyper: :hyper: :bassist: you left 3 members out :bag:
  7. I'd give him more time if he wasn't dressed up like he was in a slasher movie. As a band they look like a bunch of a******s. Maybe I'm just an old git, and bitter with it.
  8. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I say give the kid a break. If he likes SlipKnot then so be it. Most likely he would think the music you like blows.
    I don't really have an opinion on Paul because I find it hard to really hear what he's playing. I'm sure he's a decent player but is just playing what is right for that style of music.
    My son is into Slipknot and just about anything else. He turned me onto them but I must say that I could only get into the 3rd album.
  9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Aaah, fresh blood on TB, I love it.

10. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    I think Gwar is a heck of a lot more entertaining!

The vocalist has a much deeper growl to his voice.
  11. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    lol... :D

play nice y'all.
  12. Hey Slipnot Maggot, why not get into what it is you like about Paul Grey's playing so we know where you're coming from with this...
  13. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
  14. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    BTW...I do like Slipknot. Saw them live at Cobo in Detroit...what a spectacle!
  15. Lonnybass

Jul 19, 2000
    Minneapolis by way of Chicago
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    While going to college at Drake U. in Des Moines wayyyyyyy back in '95-'99, my old funk group used to play with the Slipknot crew. Must have been right before they really took off in popularity (quite an amazing feat what those fellas pulled off!). I remember hanging with Paul a few times before gigs and his attitude was to play the cheapest gear, strings, amp, etc because good tone wouldn't make a difference in their mix anyways...don't know if he feels differently these days! But I'd be kind of curious to find out...

16. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Slipknot is one of those cases where I feel the old adage of "too many chefs ruin the stew" comes to mind. I'll bet all the guys are good players, but with so many of them, it all gets clogged up. I'd like to hear Paul in a smaller context, like with a power trio or something. Mayhaps that's why they do so many side projects.

With Slipknot's music, I get the feeling Paul has to hold back a LOT so as not to step on someone else's part. I'd like to see him in a context where he gets more freedom to play out. Otherwise I can't really judge him, because Slipknot does not bring out his best playing.

And Lonny, the interview Bass Player did with him recently leads me to believe he's more into his gear/equipment now than he was back then.
  17. harry manback

harry manback

Jul 19, 2005
    :eyebrow:Slipknot has a bassist???:rolleyes: