Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Paul Hester (Split Enz/Crowded House) dead.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by khay0s, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Damn. :(

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    What a waste indeed. Even more of a shame, he leaves behind two daughters.

3. Another terrible shame. he was a wild man, though....

4. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
    great drummer, great aussie...he wasnt wild...just a great character...i got the pleasure of meeting him last year at one of the music max sessions

5. genderblind

genderblind

Oct 21, 2004
    Montreal
    This is as sad as it gets.
    Paul Hester was a great drummer and an energetic showman in two of my favourite bands.
    Goodbye to one of the good guys...

6. i got woodface on right now...getting a little teary

7. ive watched the farewell concert at least 6 times this week already....i cant help it all i can do is cry....although i barely knew him im gonna miss him...he had a certain thing about him that even though you might not know him at all but once you say goodbye you feel like you know him as well as he knows himself...

it sucks major that we've lost such a great aussie, but even more cos we've lost an aussie musician....i spose the best we can do it just remember him, always love crowded house and listen to Dont Dream Its Over as a tribute....i know ill be pushing to do that at our gigs...

not to be whingy, but im surprised how little attention this thread has gathered...compared to the attention that dimebags death got

8. We played "Don't Dream" at practice the other night, and the singer was so choked at the end, it was quite a strange feeling.

Paul Hester acted clownish all his life, was an amazing drummer and great person by all accounts. Little known was his battle with depression - its a killer disease with so much misunderstanding surrounding it.

Another sad part is that Neil Finn, Nick Seymour, Tim Finn and Paul Hester had just agreed to reform Crowded House for another album days before this happened. I hope the remaining members do reform as a tribute to a great person and sadly missed Aussie musician.

9. What is also hard is detecting that people are in this state. It's sad to think that they feel there is no other way around what is bothering them.

The daughters, what do you say to them. We all know how kick ass the bands were and are. Like you guys said, depression is an illness and it's unconditional support that may help those who suffer from it.

The lyrics "She had a blind date with destiny" How simple is that but it is really cool.

RIP Paul.