1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Paul Hinklin

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by xtian, Jul 13, 2000.

1. PTPaul

PTPaul

Mar 31, 2014
    This is Paul Hinklin,

I live in Port Townsend, WA and am doing well. I don't have a functioning phone and I'm not great with computers. If you'd like to send me a message, please do so through this thread. I'm hoping to get back into the industry soon and am currently looking for a living/working space to make that a reality. Thanks for all your support.

Steve Lawson likes this.
  2. Glad you are doing well you are one of my favorite bass players in the entire spectrum of music. Are you going to give bass lessons again when you get set up with a living/working space? I live in Tacoma and would gladly pay for some Sadhappy bootcamp bass techniques.

soundtweaker likes this.
  3. PTPaul

PTPaul

Mar 31, 2014
    Hi 5 String Tapper,

Thanks for your response. I'd be glad to give you some lessons. Would you be willing to come up to Port Townsend? I can find us a space, but you should bring a small amp if possible (mine only has 1 input). I charge $25 for each 90 minute lesson. If you are interested, please contact my lawyer, Nat Jacob at (360) 385-5613.

Cordially,
    Paul Hinklin

4. Ken Coffman

Ken Coffman

Dec 18, 2015
    Paul, there are many who admire you and appreciate what you've done for the electric bass. If I can help you, I will.

5. PTPaul

PTPaul

Mar 31, 2014
    Thanks for your kind words Ken. Are you a bass player? I'm currently working to establish my own independent company. My plan is to find private investment to be able to revive SadHappy. If you happen to know of anyone inside, or outside of the industry who might be interested in a partnership, send me a message.

6. ericlojo

ericlojo

Oct 1, 2018
    Hey all, I just wanted to let the sadhappy/paul hinklin fans here know that if you have already amassed all the sadhappy music that Paul played on and you are looking for more Paul Hinklin material there is a track on an old C/Z records compilation (compiled on CD: Teriyaki Asthma vol 1-5) called "The Head Talks Cheese" by Pitbull Babysitter made up of Paul, his brother Rich and Scott Severson. Strong stuff as usual.

soundtweaker and Steve Lawson like this.