Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Paul- I have an idea for merchandise...

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Nick Gann, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    My friend who plays bass told me this. It is kinda long, but good. I think I saw something similar to it on someone's sig, but I'm not sure...

"The drummer can drop his sticks, The guitarist can break his picks, But the bassist can play forever"
    (make some changes if you think they will work better)

That on the front of a shirt, and a HUGE bass clef on the back would be sweet. I would buy that in a second. Throw a "Talkbass.com" under the clef, and that would be great IMO.

BTW- somewhere I saw a place to give merchandise suggestions. Where was that?

Hope you like my idea. If you do use it, can I get a complimentary long-sleeve t-shirt with that on it?:D j/k. (maybe not kidding....:rolleyes: )
    (I have little money...I spent it all on my new bass)

If not, I will save my pennies to get it anyway.

Nick

2. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    That would be a sweet Tee!!! I'd get one in a heartbeat!

3. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Another good one I saw was "Kiss my Bass!"

4. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Good suggestions! Anyone else with merchandise logo ideas let me know - remember you get a free shirt if your idea is used :)

5. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    That would be really cool. It would be funny to make the text black and big, except for the "B" in bass. Make it small and lighter, like grey or something so it looks like "Kiss my..." ;) (but it doesn't say anything bad)

Nick:D

6. jvasquez18

jvasquez18

Sep 23, 2000
    S.E. 323, 13
    How about having 3 definitions of "bass". the fish, the sound, and the instrument. the definition would be duplicated as in a dictionary (how to pronounce it, adjective, etc) and it would be written (printed) in front of a *visibly faded* bass clef and "talkbass.com" on the back, like the one already made but a little higher since it's on the back. i got this idea from the "new york" crowd wearing the "playerz" shirts with the definition and such.

*visibly faded*- a name for a band :D

7. jvasquez18

jvasquez18

Sep 23, 2000
    S.E. 323, 13

KISS MY bASS, people are gonna read it as "kiss my flat-@#%":D :D

8. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Gotta love jokes that only a musician would get...

A non-musician would say...

*stupid voice on*
    Uhh... Why is that b all little and stuff? And why would I kiss your fish? I think it was supposed to say a$$, not bass... What kinda idiot made that shirt?
    *stupid voice off*

-or he'd say this-

*stupid voice on*
    huh?.. I don't get it...
    *stupid voice off*

:D :D

Non-musicians. Gotta love them. They make me laugh at their ignorance. They don't understand all the good jokes.

9. jvasquez18

jvasquez18

Sep 23, 2000
    S.E. 323, 13

10. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Hey, we could maybe have a picture of rickbass's avatar on it! :p

11. I think that idea about the three different defintions of "bass" is super sweet, i'm picturing white writting on a black shirt. ;) all in all it's dope!

12. joke

joke

Sep 17, 2001
    How about a picture of a bass beating up a guitar?

13. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Let's take that a bit further and have a cartoon Vic Wooten beating up a cartoon Yngwie Malmsteen!

14. joke

joke

Sep 17, 2001
    Or how about a picture of a guy's face, with a bass across his upper lip, and a slogan beneath it saying "GOT BASS"?

15. I think coming up with a catchier logo would be better, there's just something about the one you have now that doesn't quite sit well with me. Though I would gladly show my support of talkbass, I doubt it would catch the eye of many people.

Here's an idea (mind you I made it in 30 seconds)
    [​IMG]

16. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Yes! Beat Yngwie! Beat him to death! Haaah!

...sorry.

17. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Paul-

Any word on these new ideas? Some of them are great.

18. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Yes, a lot of great ideas - thank you all. Hopefully I'll have some time soon to work out some new graphics. Lately I've been too swamped with more critical projects :(

19. I'd quite like to own a shirt with a cartoon picture of jaco stamping on a cartoon picture of fieldys head. I suppose underneath all that you could throw in a talkbass.com and again the cleff on the back might be nice.

20. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    One thought that I had was a pic of a bass player holding up a stage with the rest of the band on it and the words NUFF SAID under it. Just a thought.

Mike