1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Paul McCartney & Wings Rockshow

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by tangentmusic, Oct 29, 2013.

1. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    I was able to catch "Rockshow" on VH1 Classic over the weekend. It was great to see this again after all these years.

Paul & Wings were at their peak for this 1976 Seattle show (which was the last show of that tour) at the now gone Kingdome.

What really impressed me was that it was a band effort, not just Macca and his band. Denny got to sing a couple. Jimmy sang one too. Paul was playing his Ric throughout and was great. Linda even got in on the action.

Paul's voice was at it's best. He was really belting out the vocals and was spot on.

Anyone else catch it, or have it on DVD? It was a trip down memory lane for me & the wife. LOVED IT!

2. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2005
    +1

It showed up on Friday night while channel flipping and I sat totally mesmerized for the rest of the movie. Great bass playing, great performances all around, and a time capsule of rock in the 70's at its best.

:bassist:

3. fabubass

fabubass

Jan 13, 2006
    it's on youtube also

4. derg

derg Supporting Member

May 26, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    The "Wings Over America" album was the very first album I purchased with my own cash... still have it and still love it.

5. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I caught it. It brought back a lot of memories! Back when I played full-time in the early 80's, we used to open our show with a "Venus and Mars/Rockshow" medley.

6. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    I saw that tour in Chicago in '76. Great show!!

7. Skokiaan

Skokiaan

Jun 19, 2004
    New Jersey
    The movie is edited from three different shows and the video you're watching isn't always from the show your hearing.

Case in point, if you watch "Maybe I'm Amazed" you'll see Denny Laine play three different basses during the song.

Still, this and "Wings Over America" are my favorite Paul products.