1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Paul Turner with Annie Lennox

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Ezbass, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    I just watched the Annie Lennox gig she did with the BBC orchestra and her band on the TV. As ever the wonderful Paul Turner played bass in the band, he used his 5 String Alleva Coppolla for most of it, a Steinberger 5 String Upright and I think a P bass for one song (it was hard to see, yes the bassist gets less camera time than anyone else again). Here's a link to see it on the BBC website, enjoy I know I did.

2. I followed the link, but the video only works in the UK. :crying:

3. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    Great tone and playing. He is really becoming one of my favourite bass players!

4. Ugh! I wish the player worked on this side of the pond. Hopefully I'll be able to see it soon. Paul is one of my favorite cats!!

5. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    Ooh that sucks, sorry for that. We get the same deal here when trying to catch up on some US TV programmes that we've missed. So much for the "Worldwide" Web. Hopefully it'll appear on You Tube pretty quick, Jamiroquai's Abbey Road Sessions featuring PT did.

6. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    As expected this performance is on Youtube in various parts. Here's part one

7. Thanks for the link, Ezbass. Great stuff, indeed!

8. Awesome grooves. I think I saw the Alleva headstock in one of the shots, but not sure. Great, fat tone!

9. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    He is a great player. One of my favorites right now. His stuff with Jamiroquai is fantastic. I wish I could tell what DI he uses. YouTube Jamiroquai for some great stuff.

10. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That's a nice clip, and paul Turner is a bad man!:D That Annie Lennox clip reminded me of an old Eurythmics song from back in the day. It was the first video I ever saw with a five string bass (Yamaha BB5000.) It also features a young Nathan east with a head full of hair!:cool:

11. As ever, Paul's sound is mega! The bass just sounds so full and focussed.

12. First you tease us with a performance that we can't watch and now you deliver the goods. That's what I'm talking about! :D

Yeah, the Alleva is definitely in-hand. Can't wait to watch all of these later!!

13. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    I'm all about the service:D