Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Paul Wellstone, RIP

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Senator Wellstone (D-MN) was killed in a plane crash today, along with his entire family.

I didn't like the guy's politics much, but he was an honest man, and that's hard to find.

This is a sad day.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    :( :(

3. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    It is a sad day when men with integrity and vision leave before it is their time.

Mike

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

Im from Minnesota and he and Coleman had one heck of a race going on. Also the it was down to just one seat in the Senate before Republicans had the projected majority.

I agree he was very liberal, to much so even for me. But he would get my vote just because he was very, very honest, and open. Which is a rare thing in politics.

Sad, Sad :(

5. I've heard the name a few times, but, didn't really know much about the man's views. In any case it truly is sad when anyone goes so unexpectedly.

And the whole family? Wow! Terrible.

R.I.P.

Tomorrow is guaranteed to no one.

Mike J.

6. David Watts

David Watts

Aug 12, 2002
    seattle
    I'm hoping that he is elected posthumously. Then the problem becomes, who does J. Ventura appoint to the senate. If it's an independent, I have no problem with that. I just don't want the GOP to gain an advantage in the senate for this reason. Or any other reason....:D

7. Just to clear up a point. It has been reported that the entire Wellstone family was lost in the tragedy. The Senator, his wife, and daughter Marcia were lost in the accident. The Wellstones, I believe, had two sons, Mark and David, that were not on board the plane. I live in a neighboring state just south of the Minnesota border, so hear a lot of Minnesota news. Although I'm of a different political view, I will say that the Senator had always seemed honest and well liked. Sympathies to the friends and family of the Wellstones.

8. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    this sucks major genitalage
    I feel sorry though for his family though and i will pray for them because i know it is really tough(i lost both my grandparents within 2 weeks and it sucked).
    Ive heard stuff about him, Ive heard he was a good dude and he was honest as everybody here has said. I live in massassappi, but i hope they find someone who can be up to par with him as far as honesty and openess goes.(kind of like finding a honest used car salesman). Im not sure i would have agree'ed with what he stood for politicly. I do know this is a tragedy.