1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pavel Aryel 5 string Deluxe / Signiture... Have you played / owned one??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jcarruth20, Sep 5, 2008.

1. jcarruth20

jcarruth20

Aug 29, 2008
    Western Australia
    Brubaker / Tec Amp / Pavel / R.COCCO / Mono Bag
    I just purcahsed Brubaker 5 string Custom which is landing soon. put still obviosuly looking at Pavels for down the track. Wanting to knwo if you have one (Send pics) or owned one and what you thought.

Obviosuly Terrance plays one and loves it for church / gospel sound that would be what i am playing. But want peopels thoughts.

Also looking at Fodera Emperor 2.....

Any thoughts?

2. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    Obviously the Pavel works (I havn't played one) for Gospel or TP wouldn't own one. As for the Emp II I recently saw Marvin Sapp and his bass player had one and it sounded great. Either way you are in there! I'm rocking a Ken Smith 5 and Sadowsky J5... so there are quite a few options out there that fit but can give you a slightly different spin.

3. kerrycares

kerrycares Lover of God, People , Music and Bass Gold Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Michigan
    I love mine. I play the jazz pro deluxe model. Pavel builds the ultimate jazz bass because you have a great instrument in the jazz bass tradition with the option of body and top woods similar to other high end basses. These options give you an unlimited variety of tones. Fender came close with the Victor Bailey and masterbuilt ($5,000). Fodera builds great basses as well although they have a much higher price point. Good luck.