1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pavel Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass-Adrenaline, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    Hey guys, theres a pavel bass for sale locally and i fell in love with it the instant i saw it. Problem is ive never heard of them and its not exactly cheap. I cant afford it right now but i imagine it will be on the wall for a LONG time so i may pick it up later.

That being said, does anyone have any info? A google search didnt turn up much and my talkbass search was iffy at best.

2. I found out about Paval basses the other day and talked to a woman on Facebook who has one and loves it.

I saw a picture of the back of the headstock of one of their guitars, though, and it looked a lot like the tuners were mounted crookedly.:meh:

I'm not sure what to say about that.

3. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    Hmmm, anyone else?

4. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Mike Lull Basses, Roscoe Basses, 64 Audio IEM, SIT Strings
    Nice guy, good builder. Tried out a few basses at his shop and they were all well built but there were certain aspects I didn't like. Really really pricey. He did some work for me on bass that had a cracked finish on the clearcoat and it came out perfect.

5. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    Does he have a website or anything?

6. Adam Wright

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
  7. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    I think the one here must be one of his older basses. It doesnt look much like the ones he has on his pages.

8. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    I heard he was leaving the bass building buisness. Going back to his native country.

9. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    What are his basses worth on average?

10. Adam Wright

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    nope, he posts about new basses he's building on his facebook page all the time.

11. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    Ok, well maybe ill see if i can get the price even lower. lol

I wonder if i can get ahold of the guy.

12. I have a Pavel JazzPro Deluxe "Petite" (32"). It's gorgeous, plays like a dream, and got kick-ass tone (Reed James pickups).

When I first got it I took it to jam sessions and let other bassists play it. I got comments like "smoothest neck I've ever held" "whoa, great tone" "it practically plays itself" "feels so good in my hands"

I treasure it.

13. I believe you're the one I was talking to on Facebook, right?
    Post a picture of that gorgeous bass!

14. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    The oen i found is a jazzpro deluxe but its 35" 5er. Its even got good string spacing (not all cramped).

15. PavelMI

PavelMI

Apr 24, 2006
    Easy "Line6man", I'm an emotional guy and might not get over it. :D

That photo was just for showing the customer NOT a "gallery" shot. Afterwards the tuners was re-straightened and tightened. :) Good eye!

None the less, the prices in my previous site (new one in the works, that's why the temporary page) was only the RETAIL price. Knock off around 20% depending if you live in the US or abroad (custom + shipping charges). People are posting so to make it fair, I want to let it be known.

My stuff (100% handmade here in my shop) STARTS at around 2,600.00K, 3-6 mo. For a custom handmade instrument with premium select woods and components? That's definitely reasonably priced!

Just replying...

Pavel-

16. Somehow I was under the impression that your basses regularly approached Fodera pricing. Glad to hear that isn't the case :)

17. Cosmo420

Cosmo420

Sep 10, 2010
    Roanoke, VA
    I have never seen one in person (only recently heard of them), but they look super nice. Turns out I may be in the market for a new bass in a couple months, and Pavel may just be on the list of possible builders...

18. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    Well he got ahold of me so i PMd him back. I hope i can get some info.

19. Here it is. Isn't she pretty? :)

(And by the way, the tuners are perfectly straight, whoever it was who thought they weren't.)

Attached Files:

20. The pickup covers are macassar ebony, like the fretboard and the knobs.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021