1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Pavel de la Fuente Custom Jazz Pro 5 Vintage bass guitar - $3000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by davidhilton, Jun 11, 2017.

1. davidhilton

davidhilton Supporting Member Commercial User

Apr 13, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    **After a conversation with Pavel and everything this bass includes, I have been advised to raise the price to more accurately reflect its value.**

I am selling an amazing 100% handmade custom 5-string jazz bass by luthier Pavel de la Fuente. It is a Custom Jazz Pro 5 Vintage, and since I am one of his artists/friends, it includes lots of special craftsmanship and extras than even his normal custom basses (and especially compared to other "custom" luthiers). The body was sourced from very premium aged alder, and he took his time treating and seasoning it before building. I would like to stress that the body is quite far from your typical CNC pre-fab body that many custom makers order for their basses. Again, it is 100% handcarved from this premium plank. Pavel is a perfectionist and let me know he spent even much more time carving this bass for me than any other. He even used special glues I believe to make sure the sustain and resonance are both top-notch. He also included a $500 authentic Lake Placid blue custom paint job. I really don't NEED to sell this bass, however since it won't be getting much playing time, maybe someone else would use it more.

You can check out his wonderful instruments here: Pavel Musical Instruments

This bass is barely one year old and was made for me primarily for a specific gig that required a vintage jazz bass vibe. It hasn't been gigged with all that much, and I've mainly been playing it while my main bass is having work done on it. Condition-wise it's about 9/10, with barely a scratch anywhere. I am a professional musician and take VERY good care of all my instruments. I will need to get the full specs from Pavel, but it's modeled after a 60s jazz bass with alder body, rosewood fretboard, maple neck, authentic 60s Lake Placid Blue hi-gloss/high-quality automotive grade PPG urethane finish, Aguilar preamp (with active/passive switch), Aguilar 60s pickups, stacked volume/volume (one for each pickup, which gives 100% output), bass & treble knobs, and silver Hipshot hardware. The tone of this bass is unbelievable...it literally makes heads turns & booties shake :) Pavel makes some of the best custom basses in out there today...with amazing craftsmanship & SO much attention to detail throughout. He claims the sustain & resonance of his instruments is unmatched, & I believe it! Yes, I am a Pavel artist, so I am biased...but there is a reason I chose to play his wonderful basses :) Not only will you get absolutely killer vintage jazz bass tones from this bass, but awesome P bass (slap & fingerstyle) tones as well with both pickups at full throttle. Just a big, fat and full tone...I do lots of session work here in LA, and all the producers always ask me to bring my Pavels...forget about the Fender P basses! :)))

I am selling as I will be playing my main bass and a new 6-string which is on the way.

$3000...includes gig bag.

Will update with full specs as soon as I get them...feel free to call or write me a message with any questions!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    funk generator likes this.
  2. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    Wow that's a beauty GLWTS.

3. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    I tried a Pavel Jazz 5 last summer.
    Awesome.
    Pavel is a world class luthier.
    GLWTS

davidhilton and funk generator like this.