1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pavel de la Fuente Pavel Guitar....WARNING SCAM criminal content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nine-and-three-Quarters, Aug 1, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine-and-three-Quarters

Nine-and-three-Quarters Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2006
    The Atlanta, GA Area
    Hello TB,

I'm writing you guys to warn you not to purchase any basses from Pavel Guitars. I've personally been screwed out of a $3500 deposit over 3 years ago and still no bass and I know of at least 4 guys who have not received their instruments. One guy it's been over 4 years. After waiting 2 years for a bass that should have been done in 9 months I decided to cancel the order and get my money back. I spoke with Pavel who gave me a sob story (not sure if it's true or not) about his wife leaving him. I've asked Pavel over and over again to refund my money. After threatening him with a lawsuit he did send me around $500 but that was over 2 years ago and now he won't return text or phone calls. If any of you guys are planning on buying DON'T DO IT! At this point I believe he's just taking people's money. If there's anyone else out there who go screwed please let us know on this thread.

kerrycares and davidkook like this.
  2. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness...

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    Oh no, not again...

3. widjajar

widjajar Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Same here!
    Been waiting for 4 years for a Jazz Bass and 2 years on a fretless with total more than $5K plunged into this horrible experience.
    One excuses after another. I've been nothing but patience and understanding throughout this whole situation. He told me about his severe depression, chronic back problem, money issues and a lot others to cover up for delays.
    The last time heard from him was on june 21st, 2016. Been calling him all day today during his office hours but never got any response.

davidkook likes this.
  4. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC

widjajar said:
    [​IMG]

5. Nine-and-three-Quarters

Jan 31, 2006
    The Atlanta, GA Area
    I'm really thinking of really bringing a law suit if not for anything but to shut this dude down. I'm waiting to see how many more got scammed

Fabien Prevost likes this.
  6. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    [​IMG]

7. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

There were more threads, but looks like they got deleted :(
    Add @PavelMI is turning into yet another Darrin Huff, DrBass, SGD saga...

8. stacker

stacker Banned

Feb 24, 2010
    scotland
    Wow, another take-the-money-and-run thread.

I don't care how far into a build a luthier was for if he didn't finish the commission in the agreed time frame - or a month or two at most outside of that - I'd be asking for my deposit back. And no way would I pay full whack up front! Both builds I commissioned were started with 20% upfront and only one of those - a bouzouki build - ran three months over agreed completion date.

That last comm ended up a soured relationship between the builder and I over several things associated with the build and I'd never recommend him to anyone. It soured the experience so much I sold his instrument on after a matter of months as I never gelled with it after that.

Huff, Pavel, ad nauseam, I'd have been on their doorstep looking for my wonga back if completion dates kept getting put back.

9. Nine-and-three-Quarters

Jan 31, 2006
    The Atlanta, GA Area
    Just wanted everyone to know that Pavel has returned my money and has resolved any issues with me as of a few months ago.

gebass6 and JimmyThunder like this.
  10. Hopefully he makes everyone whole and stops making instruments. Glad to hear your money was returned!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.