1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Pavel Hadara Deluxe

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bass2daMix, Mar 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bass2daMix

Bass2daMix

Dec 11, 2009
    California
    Price:
    Strings:
    2012 Pavel Hadara Deluxe.

This is the bass featured on Pavel's website. Pavel Musical Instruments - Photo Gallery

It is quite simply the best playing bass I have ever owned. I thought this would be THE bass that I'll take to the grave. Better than Roscoe, Sadowsky, Lakland, Pedulla, Sandberg I previously owned. The craftsmanship is top notch and it has the most incredible buckeye burl top you'll ever see.

I'm selling because I've decided to go back to school and I just don't play enough to justify having such a magnificent instrument sitting around being un-played. There is one little dimple near the control cavity (pictured) otherwise it's spotless.

• Top: Buckeye Burl
    • Core: Wenge
    • Back: Swamp Ash
    • Neck: Maple/Wenge/Maple, 24 frets, 34" scale
    • Fretboard: Rosewood
    • Pickups: Pavel Custom Alnico V
    • Electronics: Aguilar OBP-3 18V
    • Hardware: Hipshot Black
    • Bridge spacing: 18mm
    • Weight: 9 pounds per the previous owner. It feels more like 8 pounds. Great balance.
    • Control layout: Volume(passive/active), Pickup Blend, Treble, Mid(P/P freq. select), Bass
    • Series/Parallel coil tap switches for each pickup. One of the coil tap switch had noise and it's been professionally replaced with a black switch by Eric Chaz guitar shop.
    • Recently got it set up by Eric as well. Action is super low.

Includes after market hardshell case with slight bent edge but will do the job for shipping and daily use. Shipping to CONUS ONLY.

Here is a link to Pavel's facebook album page of this bass.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  2. baltodoc

baltodoc Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    She was mine for a while. Without question the best bass I ever owned. It's one of those I never should have let go.

3. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin Banned

Dec 11, 1999
    Nice Bass!

4. museum piece

5. Bass2daMix

Bass2daMix

Dec 11, 2009
    California
    For last couple months, this baby has been just sleeping in the case, so I've decided to put it back up on the sales.
    Get it before I change my mind again.

6. Jparpino

Jparpino JP

May 12, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Do you have any recent pics? This was my bass and main player for awhile. In fact all of those pictures are ones I took over a year ago. Might be interested in getting it back but would want to verify current condition.

7. Bass2daMix

Bass2daMix

Dec 11, 2009
    California
    I just took these pictures. Let me know if you want to view in other angles. Colors are fairly true in these pictures.

I use clear plastic (phone screen protector) with no adhesive, as a pickguard. There is no adhesive on them, so you can easily peel it off with no residue.

Attached Files:

8. baltodoc

baltodoc Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    I can't believe it's on the market again. I swore off boutique basses or I'd own her again. Easily the best playing bass I ever owned and like Bass2damix, better than my 2 Foderas and my 2 Ken Smiths that came and went after her. Whoever gets this bass is going to be very, very happy.

9. Bass2daMix

Bass2daMix

Dec 11, 2009
    California
    Every time I post this, I get second thoughts about selling her, but I've been too busy to play bass lately. It's better for someone else to play than just keeping her in the case. I'm not in a hurry to sell her, and I might change my mind again and pull down the thread.

10. Maulimal

Maulimal

Mar 25, 2012
    Did you ever unload this piece