1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Pavel Jazz Pro Deluxe 5........MUST SEE!!!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by g4string, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Up for grabs is my Pavel Jazz Pro Deluxe 5. Unfortunately, bills and a baby on the way dictate the sale. I don't really need to sell it, however the extra cash would be nice. The bass came to me with a Badass bridge, twin Bart single coil pups, Bart pre, and no string through option.

Carl Pedigo (of Lakland fame) performed a much needed overhaul. Carl retro-fitted the Hipshot bridge, installed the Nordstrand Dual coil pups, installed the Glockenklang preamp, installed series/parallel switches for ea pickup. drilled/installed a string through option, and fitted new neck ferrule hardware. Additionally, Carl did a complete fret job, neck finish, and reshaped the profile. Pat Wilkins refinished the body (same color). Basically, the bass is like brand new!!!!!

Why all the work you ask?? Well, the bass arrived to me in better shape on paper than in the case. The neck was worn, the frets worn, etc, etc. However, now, the bass plays and feels like new. There are ,however, a few blemishes.....

(1) there are some minor file markings near the nut on the b string side of the neck to headstock fairing
    (2) originally, there was a separate box for the preamp battery above the control the cavity box. There was plenty of room for the battery in the control cavity.....so I had Carl fill the hole in. I couldn't capture it in a picture. However, in the right light you can see the outline/silhouette of where the battery box used to be. Unless you have the body tilted the right way AND in the right kind of light, you cant see the silhouette. The bass comes the case pictured below.

Specs are as follows;
    34" scale
    approx 9.5 pounds
    alder body
    quilt maple top
    rock maple neck
    flamed maple fret board
    abalone dots
    1.7" @ nut
    2.5 @ 12th fret
    3.0 @ final fret
    Nordstrand Dual Coil pups
    Glockenklang 2 band preamp
    Hipshot hardware

I am asking $2750 shipped.

DSCN0686.
    DSCN0697.
    DSCN0688.
    DSCN0695.
    DSCN0691.
    DSCN0690.
    DSCN0689.
    DSCN0672.

2. PavelMI

PavelMI

Apr 24, 2006
    Looks very nice!

3. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    beautiful...

4. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Sorry you have to sell this beaut! But I totally understand. Wife and I just had twins in August! Fun fun!!!! Congrats!

5. If there was any interest in a Roscoe 6 this would be a done deal......

6. spankyc52

spankyc52

Jul 16, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    Nice bucks on the wall bump

7. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Is the body an original Pavel finish or was it refinished as well?

8. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    FREE Bump for G! Best..

9. jnichols3510

jnichols3510

Sep 9, 2010
    Missouri
    Endorsing Artist: Phil Jones Bass Amplification
    Congrats on the new arrival!!!!!!! This bass looks very familiar!!!!!!! I think I had one that looked just like it of course without the mods!!!!!! Very nice looking bass!!!!!!!

10. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    It was refinished by Pat Wilkins (same color)

11. a-vandervoort

a-vandervoort

Nov 6, 2010
    Hello I was wondering if this bass is still for sale??? I'm new to talkbass and own a similar pavel bass. How does a purchase on talkbass work is it just done thru Paypal????? Help thanks Adrian

12. Bollenator

Bollenator The Ersatz Haderach

Jun 2, 2010
    Western Washington
    Hot dang, that's sexy. What's the spacing at the bridge?

13. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    19mm.....adjustable as well

14. MRSKI

MRSKI Supporting Member

May 26, 2006
    SEATTLE
    I have a quick question about the nut width.You say it is 1.7 inches wide.That is less that 1 3/4. Did you mean 1 7/8 or is it really that narrow.

15. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Yep, you are correct 1.7 is less than 1.75:smug:LOL.....

Joking aside, I got the measurements from the previous owner. He claims to have used a caliper. The difference from 1.7 to 1.75 is 3/64ths of an inch....basically, a skoch shy of a 1/16 of an inch....so I really wouldnt claim the neck to be narrow (as most 5ers spec out at 1.75). I don't have the bass with me so I can't confirm the measurement (otherwise I would). My Lakland 5594 specs out at 1.81 (1 13/16).....1.7 is just a hair over 1 11/16....so a difference of 1/8 of an inch. The Pavel "feels" to be about an 1/8 of an inch more narrow than my Lakland. To me the width on the Pavel is uber comfortable and feels great.

If you are serious about the bass but worried about the width, I can offer you a trial period. No hassles, no worries.

16. PavelMI

PavelMI

Apr 24, 2006
    Take the measurement from the zero fret NOT the nut! ;)

Pavel-

17. g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Makes sense....then it prob is 1.75. Again, the difference between 1.7 and 1.75 is negligible at 3/64ths of an inch. I don't know if I would be able to tell the difference between 3/64ths.

18. Laklandlover

Laklandlover Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA BABY
    that bass is a work of ART!

19. Nightlyraider

Nightlyraider

Sep 30, 2009
    Minneapolis
    How many basses have you sent thru Carl Pedigo?

To any buyers: g4string has probably set up this bass the best you ever could! bought my 5er from him and with the Lakland setup he got mine, I couldn't be happier.

Good luck on the sale, awesome seller here.

20. Bump for a great TBer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.