1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pavel musical instruments : over THREE YEARS still waiting and bad communication.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by davidkook, May 8, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidkook

davidkook

May 21, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hi, Folks.
    I'm David.
    My friend have a serious business problem with Pavel bass guitar.
    He ask me to ask help and advise to TalkBass friends.

Here is his letter;

Hello, TalkBass folks.

I'm Changyong, Kang. I'm the president of Riding Bass Korea company(www.ridinbass.com). Riding Bass is a distributor of several companies and onlin music store in South Korea. I'm writing this posting to tell you about my unfair situation. I really need your help and advise.

I've been working with "Elrick" and I've sold their Bass guitar to Korea since 2012. After that, I've got contract as a distributor with "Sandberg," "Marleuax,"(in Germany) "Sourceaudio," "Gruvgear" (in U.S.). Recently, my business grows up and works with "Mattisson" from Sweden, and "Vanderkley" from Netherlands. But I've got an unexpected problem. That is "Pavel Musical Instruments," located 2515 Weaver St, Ste F Haltom City, TX.

April 17th, 2013, I ordered three bass guitars from Pavel. I deposited $5662.50 for them and he promised to make bass guitars within 6 months. This amount ($5662.50) is half price of the three bass guitars. And Pavel asked me 6 months to complete the bass guitars. That was our agreement and contract.

What happen to me? I got nothing!

Since then, he never shipped my bass guitars until now. he never sent me any pictures of complete bass guitar that I ordered. He lied so many times to me. He still sells his instrument at this time.

I wrote a posting about this issue on TalkBass forum two years ago. Pavel begged me to remove my posting, and he promised to make my bass guitars right that time. So, I gave him one more chance, but now I got nothing from him. That is two years ago.

I contacted a lawyer with this issue, then I sent a warning letter to Pavel on March 9th, 2016. He promised again to make my bass guitars until April 15th, 2016. Well, he sent Facebook message to ask about my order spec sheet. He did not have any pictures of my bass guitars. Even he didn’t remember my orders. I sent some message several times via Facebook, but he ignored me. He did not answer anything yet.

Now, I just want my money back. I DO NOT want his instruments, the liar's bass guitar. I would like to get full refund, $5662.50 from Pavel. I will never make any business with Pavel. How can I trust him and his instrument?

Please read my posting and have keep look at my issue. I will update it.

If you have a chance, please contact Pavel for refund to "ridingbass" form Korea. Please help me. Of course, I know I can sue through a lawyer. But it takes a lot of time and money too. Because this, I need your help. Please, American bass players, please help me.

I'm posting some pictures also to proof my situation. I still have all the conversation via email Facebook. Here are my orders, and bank wire transfer detail. These are homepage of the companies that I work with as a distributor. My company is still on Pavel's web page.

Pavel Musical Instruments - Dealers
    sandberg retailer
    Marleaux BassGuitars, Dealer, International
    Buy Hot Hand and Soundblox Guitar Effects -- Dealer List, Asia & Australia
    GRUV GEAR · Find a Gruv Gear Reseller · MAKE LIFE GRUV
    Dealers

Mod edit: you can't post other people's private banking information

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  2. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Involving total strangers on an internet forum in a business dispute............

Mvilmany, Broke, davidkook and 2 others like this.
  3. Garret Graves

Garret Graves website- ggravesmusic.com Gold Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Arcadia, Ca
    Best of luck to you David, sorry to hear of this.

davidkook likes this.
  4. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I don't think anyone here can help in this situation. However, I would advise to start taking both the angle of contract dispute along with wire fraud. Maybe getting sued isn't worrying Pavel, but if he took $5000 via wire transfer with no intention of fulfilling the contract that could be a felony. Filing a police report or threat of doing so might be a step to consider at some point.

davidkook likes this.
  5. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    It's not even his issue, but rather a friend of his....

RussT, Garret Graves and Tanner5382 like this.
  6. Tommyc

Tommyc

Nov 11, 2015
    Midwest
    If you've contacted a lawyer, the only reason I can see that you'd engage a forum in your cause is to create bad publicity for the other, as an aggrieved party. What did your lawyer say? If you have, as you stated in your text, a contract, aren't proceedings for breech of contract underway?

Last edited: May 8, 2016
    davidkook likes this.
  7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Appreciate the notice that a maker may be troublesome but this is yours & your friends fight. You can keep us in the loop.

Broke and davidkook like this.
  8. davidkook

davidkook

May 21, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    That is truth. :)

9. davidkook

davidkook

May 21, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for your advise and comments.
    When I heard about my friend's issue, I thought it is not my business.
    But I had similar experience. It was very bad... I could not get the instruments and my refund also.
    I thought this issue might be happen to all musicians who buy a instrument from a treacherous seller. Pavel sells his bass guitar here, but has bad attitude to foreign country buyer.
    I'm doing contact some other lawyers and waiting what their opinion are...

naiya likes this.
  10. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    It may be a private dispute but it is of interest to TB readers. More than one person has been banned from TB for accepting money and promising delivery and then not delivering. The names of such persons are of interest to TB member especially when it comes to the amount of money involved in custom instruments. There are enough honest businesses out there that one does not need to take chances with people who reportedly take money and then don't deliver for years. Minor delays can be understood because things do happen, but when things drag on for years with promise after promise broken, it's time for word to spread that such a supplier is best avoided no matter what stories they spin about what they are going to do.

naiya, ever, Clark Dark and 3 others like this.
  11. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    Whats the problem? The guy can't get a response, can't get his money back and he is showing proof of the situation and informing potential buyers of what could happen. I have no problem with a guy sharing legit information about a builder that could do the same to a member here.

naiya, lowdownthump, ever and 7 others like this.
  12. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    Is Pavel a TB member? If so, perhaps we can get his side of the story.

13. stacker

stacker Banned

Feb 24, 2010
    scotland
    There seems to be a fair bit of this going on, taking coin and not producing the goods. Sue him, mate, if you can.

davidkook likes this.
  14. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    That is not far from where I live. Looking on Google maps, it is an industrial park.

davidkook likes this.
  15. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Agree 100% !!!

davidkook and AngelCrusher like this.
  16. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Well, he's not really "sharing information". He's actively asking TB members to intervene, and posting undated documents in a public forum showing another person's bank account and routing numbers....

guy n. cognito likes this.
  17. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    As an employee for an attorney, I can imagine the legal fees outweighing the potential recovery value in this situation, compounded by being thousands of miles away. Given that understanding, I can see why the OP posted this on TB on the buyers behalf, as not only an attempt to bring this dispute to the forefront and force the builders hand to rectify the situation, but also as a courtesy to other TB'ers. Like others have said, this is part of how TB operates as a resource.

Agreed that it is not an ideal way to settle your grievances, but if I was in his situation seemingly without any other viable resource, I might do the same in my exasperated state.

Just to be clear, and without knowing any more than this thread, I am in no way passing judgement or making any claims about Pavel, who I know personally.

18. slamsinger

slamsinger Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Coventry RI
    As I understand pavel is retiring from making instruments soon... It was on his Facebook page ... Hope you guys work it out before he does if that's what he's doing

davidkook likes this.
  19. slamsinger

slamsinger Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Coventry RI
    image.

davidkook likes this.
  20. stacker

stacker Banned

Feb 24, 2010
    scotland
    Admirable. So, OP, has he replied to your 'friend' at all?

davidkook likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.