1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Pavel Tzack Unlined Fretless 4 - Stunningly Beautiful!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by swpyne, Mar 30, 2016.

1. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Price:
    $1150.00
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    I just picked this up from TB'er subtlestew and while it's an amazingly beautiful instrument, I'm just not comfortable with the shorter 32" scale. Therefore I am offering it back up to the TalkBass community.

This bass looks, feels and plays very much like a medium scale Alembic. The smaller body with the beautiful Burl Walnut top is very reminiscent of the Alembic Stanley Clarke signature model although I actually prefer this Aguilar preamp over the standard Alembic electronics.

It's in excellent condition with only minor signs of having been played. The unlined board is in great shape as well.

Here is a link to the previous owner's thread:

SOLD - Pavel Tzack Unlined Fretless Bass with D-Tuner, Ebony Board, Burl Walnut Top

Here are the specs:

Scale: 32"
    Nut Width: 1.5"
    String Spacing: 18mm to 19mm (adjustable)
    Weight: 9 pounds 12 ounces
    Back of body: Wenge
    Core of body: Maple
    Top of body: Burl Walnut
    Fretboard: Madagascar Ebony
    Pickups: Bartolini
    Pre-Amp: Aguilar
    Hardware: Gold
    Strap Buttons: Schaller
    Case: G&G Vintage Style

Controls are Bass, Mid, Treble, switch for mid frequency (400/800 Hz), Blend, and a Volume pot with a push/pull for active/passive modes so a dead battery won't ruin your night. Current strings are brand new Light Gauge Elixirs but I'll also include a set of D'Addario Chrome Flats.

$1,150.00 Shipped in the CONUS

I might consider a trade for a 34" 4 or 5 string. Possibly the "right" Fender P-Bass or another unlined fretless 4 or 5 string. If you are interested and have something to offer up just open a private conversation with me.

DSC_0010.
    DSC_0002. DSC_0004. DSC_0005. DSC_0006. DSC_0007.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  2. DLemos

DLemos

Sep 7, 2015
    :oops:

3. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Gone.....