Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pavement's Mark Ibold

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by stephanie, Dec 31, 2001.

1. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Pavement's one of my favorite band and I was devastated when they broke up. I hear of some of the band members' gigs nowadays, but I cannot find out anything about what bassist Mark Ibold is doing. Does anybody know? Pavement message boards have not helped. (Some time ago they were spreading a rumor that Mark had died in a plane crash but I couldn't find any info that proved this true or false....though I was told that it was not true.)

Any other Pavement fans out there? What do you think of Mark Ibold's bass-playing? Me, I enjoyed his work. Pretty simple, but I thought he always supported the songs with uniqueness. I especially loved his bass work off "Brighten the Corners".

Happy New Year!
    Stephanie

2. Im not sure if this will help 9 years later but, yeah Mark Ibold is a cool bassist he plays for Sonic youth. And pavement will be playing a lot of shows this fall.

3. MetroBass

MetroBass

Mar 26, 2008
    South of LA
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    They're back -check out the Rolling Stone article a couple of weeks ago.

4. I like Pavement, but I can't say his bass playing has ever captured my imagination!

But he did do some nice work on 'Stereo'.