1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pavement's Mark Ibold

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by stephanie, Dec 31, 2001.

1. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Pavement's one of my favorite band and I was devastated when they broke up. I hear of some of the band members' gigs nowadays, but I cannot find out anything about what bassist Mark Ibold is doing. Does anybody know? Pavement message boards have not helped. (Some time ago they were spreading a rumor that Mark had died in a plane crash but I couldn't find any info that proved this true or false....though I was told that it was not true.)

Any other Pavement fans out there? What do you think of Mark Ibold's bass-playing? Me, I enjoyed his work. Pretty simple, but I thought he always supported the songs with uniqueness. I especially loved his bass work off "Brighten the Corners".

Happy New Year!
    Stephanie

2. Im not sure if this will help 9 years later but, yeah Mark Ibold is a cool bassist he plays for Sonic youth. And pavement will be playing a lot of shows this fall.

3. MetroBass

MetroBass

Mar 26, 2008
    South of LA
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    They're back -check out the Rolling Stone article a couple of weeks ago.

4. I like Pavement, but I can't say his bass playing has ever captured my imagination!

But he did do some nice work on 'Stereo'.