1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

pawn find Dano and Fernandes

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rooster009, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008
    I just wanted to show what I picked up today at a pawn shop. I believe them to be pretty good finds for around my area anyway. The dano I got a super deal on, not great but a little better than fair. The Fernandes PB bass with Alembic pickups I believe I came out pretty good on. I paid a bill for it, so I figure it's gotta be worth more than that anyway.

They are the two on the right in the photo. Thanks to all that helped me Identify the Fernandes and to those that recomended the Dano which is an awesome bass.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=104570&d=1223064385

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I would have snagged that Dano-pronto myself! Nice score as they aren't all that easy to find and have a unique thing all their own. So the Alembic'ized P is a Ferdie ? Nice. I have a Ferdie Tele from the 80's that is just a rockin' guitar - I've played a bunch of older MIA Tele's the 70's one that guitarists drool on - not even close...They must have spiked the water supply somewhere in Japan with luthiers juice 'cause they sure do turn out some sweet guitars and basses. You get an operator's guide for that beastie ? Too many knob's on it for me but seriously $100 - you oughtta be arrested for that :D

3. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008
    I do feel a little guilty, but it does need some work and I don't have the power supply to go with it. Still I came out money ahead. I'm gonna find out as much as I can about it this weekend. the Alembic forum should be a big help.
    As for the Dano, That was the first time I ever played one and I was hooked as soon as I plugged it in. Tone for miles.
    I can see myself gigging with it most of the time simply because it's so light. I didn't do any research on it before I bought it and I still haven't but I got it for 250. It really feels and plays like about a 400 - 500 dollar instrument. So thats what I'm guessing it's worth but I'll have to do more research to find out If I got a good deal on it or not. The shop owner told me that the previous owner bought it 3 months ago then got in a bind and needed some cash. It even came with a tweed dano gig bag. Still smeels new. I'm guessing that he bought it somewhere as new old stock because I read somewhere that they quit making basses.

Thanks again 4Mal, I appreciate your help.