1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Pawn Shop Mustang Bass with Novak Darkstar

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Meyatch, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Meyatch

Meyatch Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Price:
    Strings:
    I bought this bass from Holdsg in February, and I think its probably the coolest bass in the world. Its completely amazing, but I'm trying to make a switch to 5 strings, and I need to raise some money for the two 5 strings (need a backup, right?) I just bought.

Original sale thread, he's got much prettier pictures than me.
    SOLD - Fender Pawn Shop Mustang - Oly White, Darkstar, G&G Case (the works)

This is a Pawn Shop Mustang, and the original wide range humbucker has been replaced with a Curtis Novak Darkstar. It sounds and looks amazing. The only mod I made was to add some translucent blue vinyl over the stock white pearl pickguard. I think it looks freakin' sweet, but if for some reason you don't think so, it should come off, I've removed it from other pickguards, worst case scenario you'll need some goo gone.

I also replaced the strings, because the labella mustang flats are insanely dead. If you want one, remind me and I'll send them with it. You'll need to adjust the truss rod, because in addition to sounding like you're playing a bass made of towels with a sock, they are also about 700 lbs of tension.

There are 2 dings along the top, shown in my pics and in the original thread pics.
    indludes Fender Mustang bass case, which is in really great shape.

I'm asking $850 shipped east of the Mississippi.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  2. kittyboy

kittyboy Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Nice!

Approximate weight?

3. Meyatch

Nov 25, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I bought a scale since this always gets asked, but forget to use it. Scale pic added.

kittyboy likes this.
  4. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2010
    *catcalls*

Reedt2000 likes this.
  5. Nice

6. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    hey man, this bass is the real deal, that pickup sounds so good. flats are kinda supposed to sound dead. but what do I know. I like what you did to the pick guard. GLWTS

7. Meyatch

Nov 25, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I know they are, just not my thing and poking a little bit of fun. That said they are shockingly dead sounding. When I first unboxed it from you and plugged it in I started looking for foam under the bridge.

Happy Face likes this.
  8. What kind of strings are on there now?

9. Meyatch

Nov 25, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Rotosound swing bass 66.
    I usually used D’Adarrio short scale strings on short scale Basses. But they didn’t fit because of the string through body.

10. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    Nice bass - on short scale thru body you need to get med scales. I had the same problem.

glwts

11. Huw Phillips

Huw Phillips Life is like TV if the channel sucks change it Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2019
    Hoboken
    Great bass I have one that I love glwts