pawn shopping.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 3.14, Jun 21, 2005.

1. 3.14

Mar 20, 2005
    outside the ATL
    so i went to 2 pawn shops today (here in the middle of nothing ga) and found a cort 6 string (299) a fender musicmaster (320) a schecter model t rob delreo (320) and a mij p-bass (275). the funny thing is some newer looking squires were sitting next to the mij and musicmaster and were the same price. i talked the guy down to 600 for the cort and a schecter c-1 (pristine condition), for the brother. i am probably gonna go back up there and get them. and i think i am going to pick up that musicmaster as well cause it sounded amazing.

2. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds

Believe it or not, I found a Spector USA bass about 8 years ago in a pawnshop out here in Los Angeles. Was in good condition. Needed some TLC.

I picked it up for $400. I sold it a couple years later for $2,300.

You can really find some cool stuff.
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    MIJ p bass? Those are good dude. Id get that
  4. All I've seen at the pawn shops near me are Squires & Deans.
  5. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    We don't have pawn shops :(
  6. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I have a '72 Fender Musicmaster. It's a cool little bass and a blast to play. It needs to go to the shop though, because I can't get any sound of it right now.
  7. What are you talking about??? Australia has pawn shoppes...places like Speedy Cash are pawn shoppes...we even have one here in Gladstone...and I've been in a couple of them in Parramatta, NSW as well.

I have yet to find a deal in one however...but, I like to look around...
  8. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Oh yeah, we have cash converters and stuff. But they're smart and you'll never find a real big bargain in one.

We have no small sort of pawn shops around here where you find great deals... or at least to my knowledge.
  9. theres a fair few around here in converters is a big one...

theres a hohner, "THE JACK" bass here for $600, in pretty good nick....and a brand new ibanez btb406 thats been there for like 3-4 years, they got $1200 on it, but i reckon they'll go just under $1000

(prices are in aus)
  10. primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    it sucks so bad :(
  11. ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia

in the states maybe, in australia no. :crying:

its honestly too hard to find a pawn shop that has a decent bass. there are many that i have seen with samicks, squiers, etc. but something decent is extremely rare.

BTW, cash converters doesn't count. they usually don't have much, and the original poster i believe was talking about a local no name pawn shop.
  12. 3.14

Mar 20, 2005
    outside the ATL
    yeah i was talking about little independent pawn shops down here. i am debating what bass i should get out of the ones i found. right now i am leaning towards the musicmaster or the mij p. anyone with suggestions chime in.