Pay Pal funds transfers question.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by cassanova, Feb 15, 2005.

1. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I recently sold a few things on ebay and accepted payment via paypal. I withdrew the money and had it sent directly to my bank account. Paypal is stating that both transactions were completed but my bank is telling me they havent received the funds.

According to PayPal the transactions were completed on 2/13/05 at 6:55 pm and 8:20 pm. I know they (paypal) states 3-4 days for funds transfers and it hasnt been that yet. Should I be worried that my bank hasnt recognized any transfers or recieved any of the transfers or should I give it another day or two before getting spooked?

I'm new to this online banking and paypal crap so I dunno what going on with the transfer right now. I'm hoping that those of you who have done this with paypal can give me the low down as to what to expect and how to resolve this problem.

Thank you!
  2. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I wouldnt worry until the 3-4 business days are up. Online transfers between banks that are not "regular" take longer to get through the system than periodic transfers.
  3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Yup, it takes too long for funds transfers to clear. Don't be worried, just wait it out.

If you request one, Ebay will send you a debit card so you an IMMEDIATELY access the funds the very minute the buyer sends the funds, without that several-day funds transfer nonsense. You can use it for purchases, or use the PIN to take the cash out at any ATM.
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    ya, i have a pay-pal debit card - signed up for it on paypal, cost me nada. and yes, it takes a few days. thats totally normal cas.
  5. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    thanks for the reassurance fella's. I was startin to